PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, already need keyfob help!

Harry-H
11-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Hi everyone, I still need to post in the new members section but I already need help, only got my 2000 A4 estate yesterday!

I locked it up last night after many attempts at the lock button on the fob, it eventually locked. This morning it refused to open at all so I took the batteries out and put some new ones in but it still wont open! I guess it's forgotten the code :(

If I unlock it with the key will the alarm go off? I haven't tried yet as the neighbours are in and I don't want the alarm to just keep going and not be able to turn it off.

I called Audi who told me it shouldn't go off but other websites seem to say it will....what to do!!

Once it's open I will try re syncing the fob, I only have 1.

Thanks.
Harry

hairyape1
11-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Hey! welcome to the forum :)
The alarm wont go off if you use the key in the lock, so you shouldn't have any problems just using the key manually for now.
Yeah your right, its most probably forgotten the code. Unfortunatly I dont think that it is possible to re-sync the key with only one... (I could be wrong)
But I think you need two keys, one in the ignition (to satisfy the immobiliser) and then the second that you are syncing in the door lock.

There are a few really good threads on the forum that explain the whole process. I'm sure someone more knowlageable will shed some light on whether it is possible
to re-sync a key without another.

Good luck
Ben

olds_kool
11-08-2012, 01:21 PM
with facelift cars the alarm will go off using the key unless you immediatly turn ign. on
re-sync after battery change is different to coding (coding needs 2 keys) info is in owners manual that comes with the car but its somthing like press any button on fob then start car straight away and it will re sync itself

the lemster
11-08-2012, 11:31 PM
haha... so gonna get some new batteries and try this tomorrow...

the lemster
12-08-2012, 01:47 PM
bought new batteries from Maplin today for about 7 quid.

resynching is easy.

pressed the button on the fob, locked the car with the key then could immediately unlock with the fob.

job done. should have done it years ago but never bothered. lazy like that!!!!

Harry-H
13-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Mine decided to start working when I put the key in the lock and unlocked it, pressed the lock button and it did it! How odd but at least I can use it again :D

the lemster
13-08-2012, 09:12 PM
hmm dodgy connection somewhere. have you taken it apart at all?