PDA

View Full Version : Question Passat - Various electrical issues - related?

pazzat
11-08-2012, 05:53 AM
Hello,

Newbie here (this is my first post). I've used this great forum and normally found what I'm after - thanks!
I've recently bought our second B5 (his and hers Passats :o).
Mine had the usual flooded footwell and some silicone put that to bed.
However, I have various electrical issues and wondered if they could all be related to the CCM or something else or independent issues?

The remote keyfob range is nil (up against glass) - this has always been an issue since I bought the car.
More recently the interior light sporadically comes on when I'm driving.
Rear off-side door intermittently locks/unlocks using the keyfob.
And the dash clock and trip meter blank (zero) along with the dash lights coming on intermittently when I'm driving (happened twice now)?

Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a lot of time so I really only want to start taking (breaking) panels apart when I'm confident I know the source of the problem(s).

Thanks,

Pazzat

Toonmania
11-08-2012, 08:40 AM
I would say that the first two issues could well be related to the ccm, the O/S/R door is more than likely the micro switches in the door lock can be re-soldered but i tend just to buy a new lock (saves hassle) this can also affect the interior lights.
the dash is another issue it "could" be related to the ccm but more than likely has an internal fault, personally i would sort out the rest of the problems dry the ccm out fully and make sure all the wiring connectors are clean and free from corrosion, also check the connecting plug at the bottom of the passenger side A pillar as these are known for corrosion, if that still doesn't sort out the dash then have to look at other options

HTH
Paul