PDA

View Full Version : After market VW Satnav

mobitune
09-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Has anyone retro-fitted VW satnav to their (B6) passat?

I was considering picking up a unit from a damaged car and fitting it in a 2006 car, is this feasable, or would it be easier/cheaper to get a dealer to fit a new one?

TIA

mobi

Nikos_GR
10-08-2007, 05:09 AM
As far as I know, you can do it by yourself in no-time. There is people in Greece that did that mostly in Golfs. It is quite plug n play. Just not to forget to get the antenna and the microphone with the unit. I believe that the dealer will ask you for too much money...

Sidneyuk
10-08-2007, 08:01 PM
it take approxiamatley 15 minutes to fit one and its so easy i have a 55 reg new shape passat make sure you have the code for your new unit.... only thing i cant work out is where they normally put the gps antenna

Nikos_GR
27-08-2007, 05:24 AM
... only thing i cant work out is where they normally put the gps antenna

Normally - by the factory - the antenna is being installed/sticked under the rear windshield, next to the third stop-light. If you remove the plastic part from the inside of the car (the long one in the end of the roof) you will see the clips and the cables.

BUT, normally people that install the Nav afterwards, they stick the antenna beneath the front windshield