PDA

View Full Version : Question Passat 2.5 V6 TDI oil leak question!

Ricsi168
08-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Hello guys!

Im a new member here and i would like to ask some questions about my car.I bought this car 3 weeks ago,i like it its a variant its big and looks great!
After buying im done with airfilter,oil,oilfilter change with 5W40 Castrol edge Trubo Diesel oil.My question is about oil leak im seen oil im my oil pan while doing oil change.After oil change i went the car wash(specially for engine and under body wash)today i checked the oil pan for oil leaks.Unfortunatelly it leaks but i cant locate the oil leak.I have got 2 options for oil leak in my mind upper oil pan and lower oil pan.
So guys what can i do now(i know there is no seal just silicone).How hard is to get the upper oil pan out,with parts need to get off?
Lower oilpan is easy to get down so this is not a question:D
Or any advice for doing this at home?

Thanks Ricsi!

Toonmania
08-08-2012, 09:16 PM
From what i understand this is quite a big job, having to drop the subframe down, it would be much easier if you had access to a ramp

Ricsi168
09-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Hello!
I have got some good tools at home,im asking about difficulty i mean need to take off generator or starter or something like that or just need to drain oil,take off lower oil pan and take off upper?

Thanks Ricsi!