PDA

View Full Version : Service Question again...

c.grex
06-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Sorry for another question on Audi Services.

Just had a look under the service info screen and it's showing 278 days for oil service and six hundred and something till inspection. The car is 10 days old, surely this means it's on fixed servicing and it should read 355 days on the oil?

dts439
07-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Doesn't sound right does it! What are the corresponding mileage figures?

When I picked up my A4 (used and just had an oil change as part of PDI) they had set the Oil service mileage wrong (too short) and I had to go back and get them to correct it to match the next inspection. I think in the handover documentation it should say what service schedule the car has been set to (Fixed/AVS) and they should have asked you prior to the PDI what you wanted. I'm assuming you didn't buy one of the service plans.

Do you know when the car was built, i.e, was it hanging around at a dealership for a few months.

c.grex
07-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Do you know when the car was built, i.e, was it hanging around at a dealership for a few months.

Yes it was. This could explain it! It doesn't state if it's fixed or variable servicing in the book. I did say I'd be doing only 8-10k a year, so think it would be fixed.

I'm waiting for a new key to come in as there was one missing when I collected the car. When I go in I'll mention it to them, may be it was never reset during the PDI

theskyfox
07-08-2012, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't take the service indicator too literally...mine says something stupid like 657 days till service. I make a point of getting the oil changed once a year, regardless of mileage.

-Andrew

SunnyBard
07-08-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm waiting for a new key to come in as there was one missing when I collected the car.

Make sure (buried somewhere in the menus) you only end up with your two keys paired with the car, never know who's got the other one, make sure you get the emergency key (and its "holder") too but don't leave it in the car ...

c.grex
07-08-2012, 10:53 PM
I've got the key holder in the glove box and the key at home safe.

Just where do I find how many keys are paired to the car?

Guest 2
07-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Press one of the buttons on the DIS screen from memory - pretty sure it's the left one.

You should see a 3/3 appear or according to how many keys - should be 3 normally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c.grex
08-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Display shows- L2 3/3I take it when I get the new key it should still show 3/3, meaning they have deleted a key and added thenew one