PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a CD changer

IMR
09-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Has anybody on here fitted a CD changer to a Bora? (2001). I want to fit it in the boot, but not sure how easy it is to feed the cable neatly through to the front. I don't want to open a can of worms.

Any suggestions (of other/better places to fit it?) would be appriciated.

Sam
12-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Not sure on Boras but on the Passat, depending on the phase of the moon, the tides and the colour of the sky, there was often wiring pre-installed.

To run your own wire should be fairly straight-forward if you've done it before.

I'd go for an OEM unit that way you have all the correct connections and there'll be no need to run power etc. One wire from the HU, out under the passenger side dash, up the side of the car under the door sills and into the boot area (maybe in the first aid compartment a la factory install)

IMR
14-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Cheers, I'll give it ago!

DiverDave
14-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Hi, i have a 2000 Bora and the other day i had to change a rear bulb. To do this i had to open the first aid compartment, where beneath this i noticed what looks like the brackets and wiring harness for a cd changer. So, off to VW for a quote for a cd changer.........£350 and thats not fitted, Ebay here we come!

Hope that helps.

IMR
15-06-2006, 11:03 AM
£350 not fitted!!! ebay is the way to go Dave. I got mine off ebay for £25!
but that wasn't a VW OEM unit. (i'd already got the changer before I posted)
I don't have any brackets holes or wires coming into the first aid compartment :( but I think i'll stick it there and give it a go.

Thanks for the feedback.

IMR
27-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Sorted!

Fed the wire under the passenger dash (like mycarsavw said) and under the door sills. Once into the boot area I fed the wire into the light cluster area and into the first aid compartment. The changer fits into the first aid box bracket like a glove. Nice.

Thanks again.

Sam
28-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Glad to be of some help