PDA

View Full Version : How to remove A4 B8/8K Rear Door Trim/Panel - help needed

raedwald
03-08-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm fairly sure the speaker at the bottom of one of the rear doors is damaged ('tizzy' distortion). So the next step is to remove and check the speaker ... which requires removing the interior panel.

It's not obvious (and apparently not explained anywhere by anyone else on the Internet) how to remove the rear door panel. There is a large screw securing the bottom of the panel and similar screw behind the metal trim strip securing the top of the panel Even with both of these removed the panel doesn't show signs of being easily removeable though.

Has anyone done this before please and can take me through the steps needed to remove the panel 'nicely', without risk of graunching/marking anything ;-).

TIA

Guest 2
03-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Is there a not a cover on the speaker that pops off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raedwald
03-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Yes - the front cover (grille) pops off, but the speaker itself is fixed to the door behind the door panel, hence the need to get the panel off.

kite
03-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Door panels tend to clip over the window lip.
Have you tried lifting the door card.

follow me on twitter...kiteaudi...

raedwald
03-08-2012, 08:38 PM
No obvious movement by lifting the door panel - though I know what you're getting at (previous car door panels have lifted off this way).

kite
03-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Whet about trim clips around the edge of the card. I use a plastic trim tool between the door and card.

follow me on twitter...kiteaudi...

raedwald
03-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Tried using a kitchen spatula to see if the panel would be prised away (i.e. spring clips or similar released), but again no real 'give' or movement.