PDA

View Full Version : Mmi?

c.grex
31-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Just what is MMI?

I have a 2012 A4 , standard spec with the turn wheel and colour display. Is this classed as MMI?

b1nuzz
31-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Yes.
MMI is the Audi Multimedia Interface. It's where you control all the media. There are different levels that you can get.

Just google Audi MMI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c.grex
31-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Just had a read, looks like my one is classed as MMI basic!

Cheers

b1nuzz
31-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Does it have a colour screen or is it just the red?

Colour would be MMI High, red would be MMI basic.

Having said that, someone may correct me, but I think having NAV automatically makes it MMI High.

Guest 2
01-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Just what is MMI?

I have a 2012 A4 , standard spec with the turn wheel and colour display. Is this classed as MMI?

As a 2012 model you will either have 3G or 3G+

3G has 8 outer buttons - radio, media, tel, name, nav, info, car and setup. This can be DVD or HDD run. The HDD system has an extra joystick within the control wheel - DVD doesnt.

3G+ only has 4 outer buttons (which I can't remember!) and comes in different flavours as per the 3G.

If your controls are down by the gearstick, you have MMI.

If you have an Audi Concert/Chorus/Symphony unit straight below the screen, you don't have MMI - just radio.

c.grex
01-08-2012, 08:23 AM
I have symphony With SD straight below the screen, with 6 buttons below it (not at the gear stick) radio, media, info, setup, car, tel.

Guest 2
01-08-2012, 08:24 AM
I have symphony With SD straight below the screen, with 6 buttons below it (not at the gear stick) radio, media, info, setup, car, tel.

You don't have MMI - just radio.

You will find the the Symphony has a 6CD changer built in.

Just for clarification - MMI basic was only available in MMI 2G (2004-2008 cars) and consisted of a red monochrome screen with cd nav as an option but those days are long gone.

MMI is the Audi Multimedia Interface

No it's not - AMI is the integration of iPod/USB music into the car.

c.grex
01-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Sorry for the questions, so to have MMI you would have some sort of Sat Nav?

I don't intend to use the CD, as I've just put a 32GB SD card in with all my MP3's.

Guest 2
01-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Sorry for the questions, so to have MMI you would have some sort of Sat Nav?

I don't intend to use the CD, as I've just put a 32GB SD card in with all my MP3's.

Yes - MMI is only MMI when fitted with nav with the exception of the 2G cars.

DrNorthy
13-09-2012, 07:18 PM
So I have mmi with sat navigation in a 2012 a4 technik how do I get it to play dvds everything I have tried has not worked or will it not play them?

Thanks

Guest 2
13-09-2012, 07:37 PM
So I have mmi with sat navigation in a 2012 a4 technik how do I get it to play dvds everything I have tried has not worked or will it not play them?

Thanks

Only the HDD version will play DVD videos.

rizo9
13-09-2012, 08:37 PM
You can only play DVD's if you specced the tech pack high, the basic satnav doesn't have DVD or Video play back from ipods or from SD cards.

Thanks

Soot1e
14-09-2012, 06:42 AM

Thanks

If your Sat Nav rotary control does not have the small joystick in the centre of the button you have MMI low and you will not be able to play DVDs. MMI high, HDD based with the joystick will play them.