PDA

View Full Version : Got my Phaeton! Some questions

tixy
30-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Hi all,

upgraded to a 58 plate Phaeton, 3.0 tdi. was driving an 03 plate passat tdi sport so this car is a huge upgrade and is absolutely magnificent. its got the sunroof option, 18 way seats, heated steering wheel (is that an option?), and power bootlid.

few questions though, apologies if some are newbie questions.

1)firstly I've never had a car like this before and people have advised me only let someone who knows what they are doing touch your car. I live in the High Wycombe area, any pointers to a mechanic who knows Phaetons well? or was that bad advice and most mechanics should be ok?
The reason i ask is i have noises when going over tiny dips in the road from both front wheels. A mate used to be a car trader and very usefully diagnosed the problem as the drop links so i need them replaced.

2)I also was expecting it to have soft close doors, either it does and they are broken, or it just doesnt. I was under the impression Phaetons past 2005 had that has standard?

3)My bluetooth doesnt seem to pick up my iphone in the car. is that normal? if it is what can i do about it, can i get an upgrade?

4)The bootlid intermittently bobs up and down a little instead of opening. I dont know if im being impatient with the button and its my fault, but when it does do this (only happend twice) none of the buttons can lift it and i have to lift it manually. It then closes automatically and then all is well. Most of the time it works fine. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

5)Theres a cd device in the glove compartment next to the 6-cd changer. What is this? the satnav dvd is in the boot.

6)Oh and how do you manually adjust the headlight beam height? this was a wheel in the dash in my passat but cant seem to find anything in the manual about it.

Thanks all

Guest 2
30-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Congrats - any pics?

I will try and answer best as I know

1) Have a look at our sponsor section here Site Sponsors - Directory Of Site Sponsors (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?215-Site-Sponsors-Directory-Of-Site-Sponsors) if we have any sponsors in your area

2) You can check your option codes in your spare wheel well and decode them here http://igorweb.org/equidec/

3) Try pairing it from the iPhone - make sure the discovery mode is on on the car

4) No idea, sorry

5) It might be a DVD player - put one in and see

6) You cant - you have Xenons, they do this automatically dependant on load and weight of luggage/people etc.

tixy
30-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks mate
I got the bluetooth working with the iphone there was actually a 16 digit code that comes up on screen. I assumed it was an error code but was actually a really long bluetooth code
I checked the option codes in the boot like you said. It doesn't mention soft close doors or the absence of them like it does with some other options. It doesn't mention the steering wheel heating either.
With regards the DvD player then that is indeed the satnav in the glove compartment, i checked it in the manual

Any other answers would be appreciated
Thanks

tixy
01-10-2012, 11:56 AM
just to update you guys no UK models have soft-close doors apparently
the heated steering wheel is an upgrade option

quick question on my satnav
i have the last year of the pushbutton satnav (not the touch screen one which came in the same year)
any idea what thats called, is it rns510? i cant seem to find its name anywhere
also any pointers on how to update the firmware and the satnav dvd?

thanks

Guest 2
01-10-2012, 11:58 AM
I think it's the 510 but could you post a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk