PDA

View Full Version : Altea 1.9tdi pd 105 no power.

Matt1086
29-07-2012, 06:44 PM
I have changed the turbo, new maf, new n75, new timing belt, ignition timing is set a o degrees btdc, injector loom is good, injector continuity is good I have set the injectors 180 degrees backed off on full compression. All the sensors are good I have launch diagun and performed all necessary checks there are no fault codes and no pressure leaks am at a loose end have a sneaky feeling it could be a set of injectors. Oh and I have done a pressure test on the tandem fuel pump it reads 3bar idle and 7.5bar at 2500rpm. Someone help me I have a screamer lol.:aargh4:

zollaf
29-07-2012, 06:49 PM
so how much power is missing and when. i.e. no turbo, slow off the mark, slow top end or slow all the way through. is the turbo doing anything at all.
do you have vacuum to the vnt actuator on tickover and is the anti stutter valve open on tickover and closes momentarily when the engine stops, and is the egr valve working and clean.

Matt1086
29-07-2012, 07:06 PM
There is no power all the way through there is vacuum at the vnt actuator there is boost I have cleaned everything erg, manifold when I replaced the turbo it was leaking oil it ran a bit faster as it was using oil as fuel. What's the anti stutter valve? It's like it's not getting enough fuel limp mode isn't on either thanks for your reply please more replies they are all useful. Matt

Matt1086
29-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Do you mean shudder valve as this will only cause shutdown problems if this is what you meant cheers matt.

zollaf
29-07-2012, 07:56 PM
yeah, shudder or stutter valve, same thing. sits in the egr valve. its there to make sure the engine stops when you switch it off, to stop a runaway if the turbo has blown and its running on oil. its always open, except when a vacuum is applied when you switch off the engine and it should close , then when the engine has stopped it opens again. i have known the plastic actuator rod snap so it was half closed all the time, with the result the car was really slow. if its not there at all, the engine will still stop, unless its running on its own oil.

Matt1086
29-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Just had a look mines electric shut it using the diagun and the engine shut off so that's working fine I don't seem to have enough vacuum can't trace any vacuum leaks so I'm wondering whether tandem pumps has gone I'm only getting 1450bar at 2500rpm which isnt enough