PDA

View Full Version : A6 2006 front driver side dipped bulb change?

icemen
28-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi

My driver side dipped bulb went today, took it to Halfords to get the bulb & chap goes will fit that for you so i said fine thanks. Had a look then goes ermmm we can't do this car it too difficult. Can anyone give me a idiots guide or know of a garage in the birmingham west mids area that can do it without going to dealers?

thanks in advance
Ice

Guest 2
28-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Have a look on here - its been covered many times before.

I think the air intake and air filter box has to come out for easy access.

_Tazman_
29-07-2012, 12:17 PM
yup, as above, remove air intake plenum ( good time to replace the air filter, these get really gunked up )

remove the cover, it hinges off, be gentle with them clips, then you have access to the lamp, it just pulls off from inside, bit tricky to replace, as I replaced all mine with CANBUS LEDs. No erros so far !

passenger side, you can just about get away with removing the PS reservoir from it's bracket, then put your arm down into the gap :D

icemen
30-07-2012, 12:57 PM
yup, as above, remove air intake plenum ( good time to replace the air filter, these get really gunked up )

remove the cover, it hinges off, be gentle with them clips, then you have access to the lamp, it just pulls off from inside, bit tricky to replace, as I replaced all mine with CANBUS LEDs. No erros so far !

passenger side, you can just about get away with removing the PS reservoir from it's bracket, then put your arm down into the gap :D

Is this complicated, can a novice like me do it? Does any have a step by step guide?

thanks
Ice

icemen
31-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Is this complicated, can a novice like me do it? Does any have a step by step guide?

thanks
Ice

Can anyone help as i'm driving round with one light at the mo ;-(
thankz
Ice

Sam
31-07-2012, 02:15 PM
I'd say if you can't do it from the steps given above, you're probably better off taking it to an Audi Dealership and have them do it for you.

JimC64
31-07-2012, 02:21 PM
The air intake is only helod on by 2 phillips screws and the a quick disconnect from the air box. As stated the airbox is only held via 2 clips that be easily seen and are just snapped open to remove it.

Its fairly easily really but there's still not a lot of space to replace the bulb.

As mycarsav says, if you're still unsure after reading the above, you'd probably be better going to the dealers. To be fair any decent garage should be able to do this for you........Halfords will charge £5 so I'm guessing that others would be about the same.

Good luck and much brightness

icemen
01-08-2012, 09:44 AM
The air intake is only helod on by 2 phillips screws and the a quick disconnect from the air box. As stated the airbox is only held via 2 clips that be easily seen and are just snapped open to remove it.

Its fairly easily really but there's still not a lot of space to replace the bulb.

As mycarsav says, if you're still unsure after reading the above, you'd probably be betetr going to the dealers. To be fair any decent garage should be able to do this for you........Halfords will charge £5 so I'm guessing that others would be about the same.

Good luck and much brightness

Thankz guyz, i'll give it bash & let you know how I get on, anythings better than taking to those rip off dealers!

JimC64
01-08-2012, 10:17 AM
The dealers btw aren't always "rip off" or at least not all are and not for every product / service............maybe in this situation though.

Hope all goes well :beerchug: