PDA

View Full Version : Lucky S5 Owners

a8 tech
08-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Hello all.any S5 owners out there yet,lets have some feed back as i think they are fantastic.Lets here your views and any faults you are having if any:beerchug:

ss5 andy c
15-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Hello all.any S5 owners out there yet,lets have some feed back as i think they are fantastic.Lets here your views and any faults you are having if any:beerchug:
I have one black tints all ops kept up with new Rs4 wicked car only thing 4 days after getting it some 16 yr old in his mum car smashed my wing so in for repairs

onzarob
16-11-2007, 12:02 AM
I have one black tints all ops kept up with new Rs4 wicked car only thing 4 days after getting it some 16 yr old in his mum car smashed my wing so in for repairs

Not really audi's fault:D

Typical, nice car and someone runs into you:mad:

ss5 andy c
16-11-2007, 12:08 AM
TELL ME ABOUT IT . MAY I ASK DO YOU NO OF ANY ONE TUNING THE s5 YET OR READ ANYWHERE PLEASE:D

Ben
16-11-2007, 10:17 PM
stick a post in the Chipped UK section.

RickT
18-11-2007, 02:13 AM
I saw a nice S5 in Tesco car park the other day.... once again.. black though!

im looking forward to seeing one in white!

Rick

a8 tech
18-11-2007, 09:25 AM
TELL ME ABOUT IT . MAY I ASK DO YOU NO OF ANY ONE TUNING THE s5 YET OR READ ANYWHERE PLEASE:DHello andy,the s5 lump has been taken from the q7 and not the rs4 so there are slight revisions as the s5 is designed as a cruiser so it is smoother than the rs4 but only slightly slower.I would say the remappers should be able to alter the two ecu,s but i would wait for the engine to run in a bit and see how it feels then.If you have it remapped let me no how it goes and who done it so i can advise the s5 owners who i deal with.:beerchug:

Qcut
22-01-2008, 12:41 PM
I've seen a couple on the road and they are beautiful cars to behold. Trouble is, all the reviews I've read about the A5/S5 have been very unenthusiastic about its driving abilitiesb :( It looks like Audi has missed its chance to finally trounce BMW in the sporty coupe market. All the reviews seem to suggest the diesel is the best buy for matching performance with expectation/price.

Padwick
07-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Seen one for the first time this morning. Passed me as I pulled out of work. Very impressive looking.:fing02:

jonbaker
14-02-2008, 02:56 PM

err, are you andy c the drum & bass dj? sorry if you're not, it's just i know him and if he has an s5 now i want a spin in it :biglaugh:

Audi S5 Owner
03-03-2008, 09:07 PM
I am getting mine remapped by REVO in Daventry on Monday - taking it up on wednesday for them to download the current mapping and then back next Monday to have it uploaded with the high performance mapping. Hopefully will be knocking on the door of the R8

Totally indetectable by Audi/Insurance as the mapping is done via the port under the dash using a switchable dongle (factory & peformance mapping) - takes a matter of seconds to change the mapping either way and the ECU is physically unaffected.

They did my brothers A6 Le Man Diesel and it goes like a rocket now and the fuel efficiency has gone up too !! - My brother's german colleague had his A6 remapped too and now leaves Beamers behind on the Autobahns when they run out of steam at 155mph - the A6 keeps on going !!

What fun !!

Simon

Rowland.Stone
24-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Seen one for the first time this morning. Passed me as I pulled out of work. Very impressive looking.:fing02:

Certainly a nice looking motor.

Risky
28-04-2008, 11:55 AM
We ordered one back when it was announced and picked it up on the launch day (Meteor Grey, Black Interior). Great looking car, great engine not too common on the roads.

I'm not enough of an expert to compare it to other models so I'll leave that to others.

quentin_rayner
23-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Audi S5 Owner... can you give me any feedback on the REVO upgrade? Am thinking about it!

What's the power and fuel efficiency like afterwards? Worth it?

Audi S5 Owner
06-10-2008, 01:32 PM
REVO didn't do the upgrade at the time - they ownloaded my existing ECU mapping to play with and wanted to test it first on a US model first.

They called me this morning and are collecting the car on Friday - I will get it back on Saturday evening.

They claim decent improvements in economy and performance.

They say that I will see around 1 second improvement in 0-60, speed limiter removed opening up to around 180mph.

They are going to test the car on a rolling road so I will get recorded proof of performance improvements.

Their upgrade includes a switch so I can easily switch back to original mapping for when I have the car serviced etc...

I will post again once i have had a chance to review the improvements

TTFN

Simon