PDA

View Full Version : fixing Golf MK3 stereo memory...

dez
08-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Hello,

Minor yet very annoying problem this, my stereo has no memory, like everything resets on it when i take the key out. It was like this when i bought the car two months ago, and then one day i was driving for a few hours and it just randomly cut out, i took the facia off and let it cool down, then reconnected it and it started working again. Then after that it had memory and it would always run even without the key, then like a week later it cut out again and now its back to how it was. Also it just randomly cuts out now more frequently. How can i go about fixing this?

Any help is greatly apprieciated. Thanks

neileg
09-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Classic problem with VWs. Although the standard wiring has an ISO plug and will power up an aftermarket head unit with an ISO socket, the switched live and permanent live are reversed. So if your head unit relies on a permanent live to maintain its memory, you need to swap the connections over. Took me ten minutes and a couple of crimp connectors to fix mine.

dez
09-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Classic problem with VWs. Although the standard wiring has an ISO plug and will power up an aftermarket head unit with an ISO socket, the switched live and permanent live are reversed. So if your head unit relies on a permanent live to maintain its memory, you need to swap the connections over. Took me ten minutes and a couple of crimp connectors to fix mine.

ahh cheers! how do i go about removing the crimp connectors from the plug housing?

neileg
09-08-2007, 01:25 PM
I just cut the wires and rejoined them with crimps.