PDA

View Full Version : Engine management warning.

blodnob
20-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Hello all.
Wifey's just got home and told me there's a warning light come on.
Got in and its the engine management. got the bonnet up n the engine is shaking around and there's a whistle/blowing noise coming from the pipe that attaches to the back where the oil goes in. Im sure there's a proper name for it. I'll try n put a pic up.
Anyhoo. When the engine is running i cant take the oil filler cap off. Seems its pressurising some how.
first i thaught it may be a head gascket. but no smoke, no cream on cap, no water or oil loss.
Meant to be going away next weekend so im desperate to get it sorted as quick as i can.
Any help would be greatly appreciated gents.
Oh. Fergot to say its a A3 8P 3.2 DSG.
Chaars in advance.

Guest 2
20-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Get a fault code scan done as a must.

NHN
21-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Bad pcv is the normal reason for this, do a search on the net as its disussed everywhere, this is a good post:

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com - View Single Post - Pressure under oil cap? (http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2789839&postcount=9)

blodnob
21-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Yeah.
That sounds just like it. I can get it diagnosed on Teusday. But may try the pcv valve first anyhoo.
Has any 1 any experince with these engines to know where i aught to start looking for it ?
Cheers, Sean.

blodnob
21-07-2012, 10:35 PM
My mistake chaps.
Its not pressurising. Its causing a strong vacume. Will the previous diagnosis still stand ?