PDA

View Full Version : Picked it up yesterday

dvg
20-07-2012, 09:48 AM
Got the train to Huntingdon yesterday, seemed like a very long train journey! Picked up from the station by the salesman and taken to the dealership. Car was in the showroom under a cover. Paperwork took very little time, few signatures then they revealed the car to me. :D

Car was spotless, not a mark on it and super clean. Had a talk through of all the various things and how they work. Salesman answered all my questions very helpfully.

Bonus that they accidentally left safeguard paint protection etc on the order and hadn't put the GAP insurance on. As it was their mistake I ended up getting the GAP insurance free and only paid for the safeguard. So £350 for both was a bonus that I wasn't expecting. Also had some chocolates for the GF thrown in (she sarcastically commented that it made it all worth it!).

All in all the Huntingdon dealership has been absolutely fantastic to deal with. The salesman even came in on his day off to hand the car over to me as I wanted it yesterday.

Then I got to drive it back to Surrey, already put 160 miles on it. Although it's far from quick its just such a nice experience to drive it. Lots of toys to work out how to use, sound system is amazing and what impressed me most is the quietness of the cabin even at 80mph. Oh and the ride is unbelievably better than my last car, 130i m sport, even with the 19" alloys.

Anyway, here are the pictures of it when I got home (bugs already all over the front so think I will be cleaning it quite a lot!).

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/dav3green/audi/photo2-1.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/dav3green/audi/photo2.jpg

a very happy dvg.

Guest 2
20-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Looks very good - a very nice looking car ;)

What engine did you get?

dvg
20-07-2012, 09:59 AM
It's the 1.8tfsi 120. I imagine I will be looking at a remap further down the line but whilst it's brand new will enjoy it for what it is and hoping when I get it mapped it'll feel like a new car again!

It's funny because up to about 4-5000rpm it pull quite well and you think it's actually got a little bit of go but above that it is completely constricted by the map. Feels like it's being strangled top end. However as the majority of my driving is commuting or motorway I don't really care at the moment, and it's not a sports car so wont be chucking it about.

Overall very impressed with it.

Longdog
20-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Looks great, glad you're happy with it.

porty
21-07-2012, 01:20 AM
I got the same engined car to run alongside my S4 and I can confirm that the engine is very nippy around town and is fine as a motorway cruiser. I've had mine 2 months now and can't fault any aspect of it.