PDA

View Full Version : Question New member...............

kingm
19-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Hello all......im a new member so please forgive me if i slip up!!

A couple of things if someone would be able to assist:

I have just changed my 54 plate A3 2.0tdi for a 58 plate 1.9tdi Passat Estate (due to increasing family).

1. Do you know of anywhere I can get a new keyfob and get it programmed without getting ripped off. I have heard this can be pricey and the car only came with one keyfob.

2. One thing i noticed 2 days after taking ownership was when the steering wheel was turned to the right (from slight to full lock) there is a wierd noise that seems to come from the near side front wheel. Its stopped as soon as the wheels were straight.
There were no vibrations or any form of feedback felt from the controls, just a noise.

I parked up and turned the steering wheel while the car was stationary and got nothing, so some obviously to with when the car is mobile.

The wife was driving it today and said that it has started doing it when the steering is to the left now aswell.

The noise is diffuclt to describe, it isnt something that sounds terrible, more a "whine/whistle" as if some is slightly catching.

Due to my working hours, it is diffcult for me to get the car to a garage and feel that if the wife took it she would get fleeced. Just wondered if anyone has experienced this in the past?

Sorry for the war and peace post!!