PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wash Wipe delay

PopDorset
24-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Does anybody know how (or if )it is possible to change the intermittant rear wiper timing period? It seems to be fixed at about 5 secs at the moment...great for downpours but not for general carriageway spray. I know how to alter the front one but the rear does not seem to want to play ball!

VW Sharan 1.9 tdi Sport 1998

Thanks.

stuart
24-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Does anybody know how (or if )it is possible to change the intermittant rear wiper timing period? It seems to be fixed at about 5 secs at the moment...great for downpours but not for general carriageway spray. I know how to alter the front one but the rear does not seem to want to play ball!

VW Sharan 1.9 tdi Sport 1998

Thanks.
Hi, thanks for posting on the site;)

I found out how to alter the front timing by mistake on a works Transporter van, thought I had gone mad at first:confused:

I am not sure if this can be done on the rear, but as I have the details of your vehicle, I will speak to a specilsit friend of mine and see what he comes up with.

Stuart

stuart
26-08-2004, 08:23 AM
Hi, Sorry for the delay in my reply.

I have made enquiries with a couple of people, and it appears that the rear wash/wipe system is a set time period, and cannot be adjusted:(

Unless anyone can confirm different;)

Stuart

PopDorset
26-08-2004, 08:29 AM
OK, Thanks for the research! I'm OK with electronics and it would be a simple matter to provide the means to change the timing of a circuit, (e.g. to switch between two fixed timings) if it is a circuit, and not software which controls it. Is it controlled by the engine managemnt system, as it appears there are other functions in the car which are as well? If so, no go!!!

stuart
26-08-2004, 08:44 AM
OK, Thanks for the research! I'm OK with electronics and it would be a simple matter to provide the means to change the timing of a circuit, (e.g. to switch between two fixed timings) if it is a circuit, and not software which controls it. Is it controlled by the engine managemnt system, as it appears there are other functions in the car which are as well? If so, no go!!!
Looking at the parts catalogue, I can find a seperate relay/control unit listed in position 2 of the fuse box for the rear wiper, part number 191955529, but only up to vin no: 7M-W-021026. After this number, they do not list anything as I can see for the rear, only "windshield wipers":confused: it may be that the later vehicles use either a combined relay, OR are controled through the ECU.

Hope this helps. If you PM your vin number I can see when it was built, and confirm this relay.

Stuart

shane14
27-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Hi, Sorry for the delay in my reply.

I have made enquiries with a couple of people, and it appears that the rear wash/wipe system is a set time period, and cannot be adjusted:(

Unless anyone can confirm different;)

Stuart
Hi, how do i change the delay time on the front wipers?