PDA

View Full Version : Question False Alarm

tinnytsi
17-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Hi all.
Anyone had problems with false alarms when car is locked. I've an 09 Golf Plus TSI and since moving to Dorset about 6 months ago I've had the alarm going off a few times a month,usually about 4 in the morning. First thought it was movement due to being parked on a steep hill but now does it on the flat. Switching off the Anti tow makes no difference. Checked for spiders etc near sensors, nothing. I've heard of failings on other makes ( Fiat) on similar aged cars. Is this just my Golf or anyone else suffer the same problem ?
Rick

Sam
17-07-2012, 10:57 AM
Are your carpets wet?

(in the Golf, not your house)

Edit: Good catch Chris!

Guest 2
17-07-2012, 11:09 AM
What month was the car registered in in 2009 and the mileage? As it still may be under warranty.

CJJE
18-07-2012, 10:16 AM
I suffered from false alarms with my S reg Golf IV as the radio frequency used was very close to the PMR radio band used mobile data links. Mine seemed to be triggered by a delivery van driver who delighted in driving down the road, setting off VW alarms all the way! But I haven't had any similar problems with later cars so either the van drivers have shifted to using mobile phones or VW have improved the radio filters.

Chris

tinnytsi
21-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Are your carpets wet?

(in the Golf, not your house)

Edit: Good catch Chris!
They're not, but what difference can that make.
May be a daft observation but there's quite a few bats around here. Could their high frequency squeaking set an alarm off ?
Rick

Sam
23-07-2012, 09:42 AM
The MKIV and 3B platforms have their electronic control module under the front carpet, the pollen filter/plenum chamber has stupid oneway bungs which become blocked with debris (leaves etc) and eventually rainwater builds up and flows into the car ruining the CCM under the carpet.

The first signs are usually the alarm sounding.

confusionhunter
04-08-2012, 08:56 AM
The MKIV and 3B platforms have their electronic control module under the front carpet, the pollen filter/plenum chamber has stupid oneway bungs which become blocked with debris (leaves etc) and eventually rainwater builds up and flows into the car ruining the CCM under the carpet.

The first signs are usually the alarm sounding.

I think youve just solved my steaming up window problem too!