PDA

View Full Version : a3 tdi removed battery and now will not start

lance h
16-07-2012, 09:48 PM
hi guys i have a audi a3 2.0tdi 2004 had a flat batery removed and recharched 3 times on the 3rd time car would not start or even crank think imobaliser is stuck on any ideas guys

Geraldy212
17-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Lance, first try a different battery. Also check the battery grounding cable, and of course both terminals and clean off any corrosion. Your battery should not have gone flat, unless the car had not been used for many months. A faulty or old battery will go flat by itself very quickly. There also may be an electrical issue with your A3, so get that checked out too. Good luck.

lance h
17-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Lance, first try a different battery. Also check the battery grounding cable, and of course both terminals and clean off any corrosion. Your battery should not have gone flat, unless the car had not been used for many months. A faulty or old battery will go flat by itself very quickly. There also may be an electrical issue with your A3, so get that checked out too. Good luck.

hi mate yeh its a new battery and the old one was knacker also ive checked all connection all ok . ive had it working with new battery just not drove it for 2 month as i been workin away and now it seems since i charged the battery the imobaliser stuck on or maybe it has been activate due to battery being reoved

NHN
17-07-2012, 12:50 PM
IMMO has static programming, it doesnt lose the ability unless the system has a fault, does the car start for 5 seconds then turn of by itself or not even start?

lance h
18-07-2012, 04:49 PM
yes mate its starts for a couple of seconds then cuts out but if i try it a few times it is just blank cheers for help

NHN
18-07-2012, 07:23 PM
That sounds like immo or key at fault, but need to get it scanned to ascertain the issue.

Vikingraider
18-07-2012, 09:16 PM
hi guys i have a audi a3 2.0tdi 2004 had a flat batery removed and recharched 3 times on the 3rd time car would not start or even crank think imobaliser is stuck on any ideas guys

If it's not even cranking then it's certainly not an immobiliser issue. Probably starter motor if the battery is okay.

Vikingraider
18-07-2012, 09:17 PM
yes mate its starts for a couple of seconds then cuts out but if i try it a few times it is just blank cheers for help

Then again, it seems like it's starting now, then cutting out....

lance h
19-07-2012, 03:34 PM
hi guts cheers for replys yeh the problem is it starts then cuts out after a couple of seconds, i have rung a few diffrent auto locksmiths and all of them seem to think the key needs recodin, or th ecu is spiked anybody know anythin about this

NHN
19-07-2012, 08:12 PM
When you turn ignition on but dont start the car, do you see a flashing yellow/red icon in the cluster?

How many keys do you have?

lance h
19-07-2012, 08:57 PM
not sure about the fashing icon i will check tomorro when im at the car. just for those who are confused when the key is put in the car it starts for a few seconds then shuts of on its own if repeated more than 2 3 times then the car does not crank at all. NHN i only have 1 key, im told if i had 2 keys then i could code the car to the key myself but as i only have 1 key i may need someone with vag -com to do it for me.

NHN
19-07-2012, 09:43 PM
It needs scanned full stop, its acting very weirdly, in one hand sounds like immo failure, other sounds like starter is goosed.

Thinking again, it could very well be the barrel at fault, as this houses the coil for the immo activation & it also turns car on/off, they have been known to fail.

lance h
19-07-2012, 10:24 PM
will let you know asap what the verdic is maybe we can all learn something off this fingers crossed im hopeing its just the key recode.

NHN
19-07-2012, 10:34 PM
You wont be able to code the immo part of key with vcds without the skc anyway & not advisable even if you do if you have no knowledge on subject as can knock out any working key.

lance h
20-07-2012, 02:48 PM
cheers for reply mate im not that clued up realy just going of what i heard, do you think an auto locksmith can do the job ive spoken to 1 he rekon even with the 1 key he can sort it whats do you think mate ?

NHN
20-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Given your location, no disrepect to the locksmith, but goto audi for key/immo work s there are a vast number of audi's getting nicked up your way, keys can be copied easily these days & you really never know do you.

lance h
21-07-2012, 02:22 PM
haahh made me gigle, understand what you mean ur rite. i will let you know what the outcome is should be getting it sorted for wednesday keep you informed thanks for reply