PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth getting a respray?

gingimark
07-08-2007, 11:38 PM
:confused:I've just purchased an Audi A4 2.8 Quattro 1997.Overall it's in a pretty good condition apart from alot of scratches on the bodywork.As i dont know too much about car repairs i wondered if it's worth getting a full respray or not.

nickynibbles
09-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Well it'll make the car shine like new! Costs a bit though, easiest if you have a respray of the identical colour as will need less coats & prep time, which means its cheaper of course! Get a few quotes & make you mind up from that.

loveUaudi
20-08-2007, 11:15 PM
in my limited exprience I recommend going for this only if you manage to find the exact paint match. patchwork always disppoints ! ;)

sweepdream
24-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Seeing that you live in Scotland I would have a chat with valet magic,the paint and polish man on this site.

ronmcintosh
24-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Hi there

A decent full car respray will probably set you back in the region of £1k. Some places will do it cheaper but that means cutting corners timewise.
I agree with the comments above put it in for a serious valet of the bodywork, if done professionally they will be using the same rubbing compounds and tools as used in bodyshops for final finishing. It wont be that cheap either probably for a mornings work circa £100.
It is amazing the results that can be achieved if it's done properly.

Where are you based ?

Ron