PDA

View Full Version : B8 saloon 2008 bootlid leak

Seanmac
11-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Hi folks,
I have a 2008 A4 B8 saloon which is leaking water into both light clusters.
I've had to replace the left cluster.
Has anyone else had a similar problem with leaks on the bootlid cluster?

Love driving A4 143 tdi all the same:)

Many thanks
Sean

113brucey
11-07-2012, 07:37 PM
there is a problems with lamp seal 2008///2009 models b8 i got mine done under gte from audi with no problems

Seanmac
11-07-2012, 08:10 PM
there is a problems with lamp seal 2008///2009 models b8 i got mine done under gte from audi with no problems

Thank you brucey for your prompt reply.
I'll get in contact with my local Audi dealer.

It's been a particularly wet summer here in Ireland so there's always water in the lights:(
Hope Audi Ireland can assist
Thanking you again
Sean

johndeere2130
11-07-2012, 08:50 PM
My boot lid had rust on both outer edges of the crease above number plate, no water, but had to fight to get it repaired under warranty��

113brucey
11-07-2012, 10:22 PM
i also had rust offside rear above number plate crease near boot taillamp took it to audi ?they took pictures and within couple o weeks complete tailgate sprayed and badged,free of charge under gte ???car was not even 3

Gary Joyce
19-07-2013, 05:03 PM

Can I just ask, was your car under warranty when you got this done?

I have a 2008 and both sides have corroded contacts and terminals on the plug so 2 new bulb trays & sets of wires to get through the MOT!

Having replaced this lot I now do not want more water in so I need to get the units suitably sealed before it gets wet and corroded again.

If anyone has advice of what to say to get it FOC it would soften the blow financially, plus I'd hate to pay money to fix something that was not right in the first place, I understand this happens to all of them because the design isn't water tight (bit stupid when its housing electrics!!!).

Guest 2
19-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately you cannot prove that the rear clusters were never removed/split before you got the car unless you bought it brand new so I don't think you'll have a chance of a FOC replacement.

What miles are on the car? Has it been serviced all its life at Audi?

Welcome to VWAF.

Gary Joyce
19-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Thats what I thought unless there was a product recall on that part they wont do it free. 63k on the car and 2 Audi services 2 non-Audi services so not FSH. Never mind worth a try!

What about advice on how to make good the seals on the faulty units, I read something about using clear silicone (not on here), has anyone done this with any success?