PDA

View Full Version : What Video format is supported on Red AMI Cable

johnsimcox
10-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Just had AMI fitted to my car (many thanks Nick from AVS in Swindon). Works fine with both the Blue and Red Grommet cables. However tried to play a film from an iPhone 4 with the Red Cable and it is only playing the sound. It did however play a music video OK so I know it is all working properly. Question therefore is what format does the video file have to be (one I tried was MP4 with H.264 codec).

johnsimcox
10-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Just had AMI fitted to my car (many thanks Nick from AVS in Swindon). Works fine with both the Blue and Red Grommet cables. However tried to play a film from an iPhone 4 with the Red Cable and it is only playing the sound. It did however play a music video OK so I know it is all working properly. Question therefore is what format does the video file have to be (one I tried was MP4 with H.264 codec).

Solved it myself. Rebooted the iPhone and all is now well

ti rich
10-07-2012, 10:07 PM
John, which mmi do you have?

Do you know if you can play videos from the iPhone if you have the basic system?

johnsimcox
10-07-2012, 10:16 PM
John, which mmi do you have?

Do you know if you can play videos from the iPhone if you have the basic system?

I have the basic system (SD card nav, bluetooth phone, no touchpad). Yes you can play video from your iPhone as long as it is accessible from the phone's iPod app - the ami interface cannot access other video or music sources (although I have seen someone claim a workaround for playing offline music from spotify - essentially films, tv programmes and music videos

MFGF
10-07-2012, 10:19 PM
My car also plays movie files loaded onto the SD cards. The only ones I have tried so far are mp4 format. Oddly it ignores them if I try to download them onto the car's jukebox.

MF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD