PDA

View Full Version : Gap Insurance

Black RATT
08-07-2012, 11:03 PM
I hope I'm not encouraging a breach of the forum rules but any recommendations for gap insurance out there? I took the risk with the TT and had it included with the VW deal. Sadly the salesman wouldn't add it to the large discount negotiated on the A6 :rolleyes:
I would prefer not to "chance" it again so all advice welcome on price/companies.

johnsimcox
09-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Like you I was somewhat shocked at the price Audi wanted for their GAP policy. In the end I went with Gapinsurance123. On an RTI policy with £15000 cover (Audi only gives you £10000) over 3 years I am paying £126 much less than Audi wanted to charge. The advantage of the policy is that you can also defer the start date for 12 months (most insurance policies give you replacement in the first 12 months should the car be written off) so my 3 year term does not start until next June whereas the Audi policy is a straight 3 years which would have left the fourth year of the PCP contract unprotected. The Gapinsurance policy is also transferrable to another car should you decide to change cars before the end of the policy. Like all policies you only really find out how good it is when you need to make a claim, something I hope I never have to do.

09-07-2012, 09:33 AM
I use ALA for my GAP (RTI) cover. I asked Audi about theirs and he told me not to waste my time with them and to save myself the few hundred quid by buying elsewhere!

krupatel
09-07-2012, 08:27 PM
I use ALA for my GAP (RTI) cover. I asked Audi about theirs and he told me not to waste my time with them and to save myself the few hundred quid by buying elsewhere!

I went with ALA RTI too for 3 years