PDA

View Full Version : Saloon rubber foot mats

krupatel
04-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Anyone have and can recommend a set of rubber mats to go over carpeted originals please?

Guest 2
05-07-2012, 07:17 AM
Front - Audi Accessories < Owners area < Audi UK (http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/owners-area/audi-accessories.html?appLink=%2Faccessories-searcher%2Fdetails.do%3FaccessoryId%3D37370)

Rear - Audi Accessories < Owners area < Audi UK (http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/owners-area/audi-accessories.html?appLink=%2Faccessories-searcher%2Fdetails.do%3FaccessoryId%3D37376)

Order via your Audi dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KAM
05-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Strongly recommend the Audi mats.

Just after I got my A6 C7 in January this year I Googled for carpet mats (not rubber) and found many, many suppliers. Carmats4U, Mats-R-Us, GetAMat - if you can invent a URL for a car mat business it probably exists. However despite the number of suppliers I think there must be only one or two manufacturers. All the mats looked suspiciously the same. There were variations available - did you want your initials embroidered, did you want different-cloured binding etc - but the basic selections were much of a muchness.
Anyway I ordered a full front-and-back set from UltimateCarMats, and even checked their sizing guide about the possible different spacing of the locating lugs in the rear footwells. They turned up promptly enough, but what a hopeless fit! Not just not-fitting-the-space bad, but interfering-with-the-accelerator bad. Much communication ensued with images of original Audi mats and theirs being sent. UltimateCarMats were very reasonable but insisted they had worked from 'official' Audi templates, and I was the first problem they'd ever encountered. I ended up with a full refund for the mats and postage etc.

A couple of days later I walked in to the spares department at my local Audi dealer. I decided to go for rubber mats rather than carpet. Five minutes later I was walking out with a full f-and-b set and they fit perfectly. Slightly more expensive (Audi? really? expensive spares? no!) but here we are 6 months and 9K miles later and they're still good as new. Very pleased.

jbanfie
05-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Can I ask the dumb question and check that the car does come with mats in the first place and you all want more robust mats as well?

Guest 2
05-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Can I ask the dumb question and check that the car does come with mats in the first place and you all want more robust mats as well?

It will most likely come with carpet mats

krupatel
05-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Strongly recommend the Audi mats.

Just after I got my A6 C7 in January this year I Googled for carpet mats (not rubber) and found many, many suppliers. Carmats4U, Mats-R-Us, GetAMat - if you can invent a URL for a car mat business it probably exists. However despite the number of suppliers I think there must be only one or two manufacturers. All the mats looked suspiciously the same. There were variations available - did you want your initials embroidered, did you want different-cloured binding etc - but the basic selections were much of a muchness.
Anyway I ordered a full front-and-back set from UltimateCarMats, and even checked their sizing guide about the possible different spacing of the locating lugs in the rear footwells. They turned up promptly enough, but what a hopeless fit! Not just not-fitting-the-space bad, but interfering-with-the-accelerator bad. Much communication ensued with images of original Audi mats and theirs being sent. UltimateCarMats were very reasonable but insisted they had worked from 'official' Audi templates, and I was the first problem they'd ever encountered. I ended up with a full refund for the mats and postage etc.

A couple of days later I walked in to the spares department at my local Audi dealer. I decided to go for rubber mats rather than carpet. Five minutes later I was walking out with a full f-and-b set and they fit perfectly. Slightly more expensive (Audi? really? expensive spares? no!) but here we are 6 months and 9K miles later and they're still good as new. Very pleased.
Thanks for the review KAM. Cars in for warranty fixes so will push for a heavy discount on a set or front and rears mats!

KAM
06-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Can I ask the dumb question and check that the car does come with mats in the first place and you all want more robust mats as well?Yes, I had full f-and-r set of carpet mats. However my wife had persuaded me to go for a pale grey interior and it was only when I took delivery it suddenly struck me that the pale grey floor mats weren't going to stay pale grey for long - I'd be lucky if I made it home without a stain or splodge. Hence my search for, first, darker carpet mats, and, second, the rubbers I now wear.