PDA

View Full Version : Parking System Advanced Query

jdwoodbury
02-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Can anyone tell me if there are front facing sensors on this option? I was under the impression that it had cameras all round as it gave a "top view" of the car all round, but I understand this has recently been proved a myth.

I would just like to know from someone who has it as the Audi configurator has changed its wording.

JD

MFGF
02-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Can anyone tell me if there are front facing sensors on this option? I was under the impression that it had cameras all round as it gave a "top view" of the car all round, but I understand this has recently been proved a myth.

I would just like to know from someone who has it as the Audi configurator has changed its wording.

JD

Front and rear sensors are standard fitment on every UK A6 C7. Whether you get a front-facing camera as well is the key question - Timothy did, I think, but others haven't.

Cheers!

MF.

Timothy Nathan
03-07-2012, 12:34 AM
I only did by accident, it seems. They had run out of A6 parts on the production line and I and very few others got the A8 system including front camera. Very nice it is too, especially for peeping around corners when driving out of drives.

jdwoodbury
03-07-2012, 06:43 PM
So I am assuming the top view is just a graphical representation of the car, with proximity sensors to mark where objects are?

Timothy Nathan
03-07-2012, 11:53 PM
So I am assuming the top view is just a graphical representation of the car, with proximity sensors to mark where objects are?
Yes.

jbanfie
04-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm not sure that is right, the KA6 option in the current brochure talks about the 4 cameras, this was a change to the A6 brochure in April which I then ordered, then changed it all as I moved to an A7 which doesn't support it, shame!

Brochure entry:

Audi parking system advanced with top view.
Aids parking and manoeuvring using 4 cameras. Cameras are mounted in the
Front grille, the handle of the boot lid and the housing of the two exterior mirrors. The driver can choose between different

image representations in the MMI display, including a live “bird's eye view” image for parking. Only in combination with
memory mirrors (6XF/6XG/6XL/6XM), electric seats (PV3/PS8) and MMI Navigation Plus (PNQ/WB4/WB7)

Timothy Nathan
04-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Oh, well that's a change since mine. Mine just has two cameras and the birds eye view is non-photographic.

jdwoodbury
04-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Looks like I need to check with the dealer...

Timothy Nathan
04-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Looks like I need to check with the dealer...
Ha Ha! They are the last to be told :p

shabazmo
04-07-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm not sure that is right, the KA6 option in the current brochure talks about the 4 cameras, this was a change to the A6 brochure in April which I then ordered, then changed it all as I moved to an A7 which doesn't support it, shame!

Brochure entry:

Audi parking system advanced with top view.
Aids parking and manoeuvring using 4 cameras. Cameras are mounted in the
Front grille, the handle of the boot lid and the housing of the two exterior mirrors. The driver can choose between different

image representations in the MMI display, including a live “bird's eye view” image for parking. Only in combination with
memory mirrors (6XF/6XG/6XL/6XM), electric seats (PV3/PS8) and MMI Navigation Plus (PNQ/WB4/WB7)

It looks like you have something very new. 4 cameras will give you a fantasic real life view of everything around you. No more turning you neck. Let us know what its like

jbanfie
05-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Sadly this is only an option on the A6, and I changed to A7, so I haven't got it. It was only added in April, so will only just be hitting the streets now I guess, someone will turn up and tell us it's amazing!

jdwoodbury
05-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Well I checked my sales invoice again and I do have option KA6 specifed, which should give me the 4 cameras as my car is being built on the w/c 6th August!

sijomi
30-08-2012, 04:15 PM
I only did by accident, it seems. They had run out of A6 parts on the production line and I and very few others got the A8 system including front camera. Very nice it is too, especially for peeping around corners when driving out of drives.

My ex-demonstrator A6 S-line Avant (built 12/2011) with Comfort Pack (incl. Parking System Advanced) also has an unexpected but very welcome front facing camera, at last I know why! I couldn't find it in A6 configurator or brochures. I agree it's great when creeping out of my "blind" driveway.

Timothy Nathan
30-08-2012, 04:35 PM
creeping out of my "blind" driveway.
You've spotted the sideways looking feature? That's what I use.

jdwoodbury
31-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Well I will be checking out the top view function tomorrow. My dealer says all the salesmen want to play with it as they have not seen a car specified with it as yet.

jdwoodbury
03-09-2012, 09:55 AM
I can confirm top view is excellent