PDA

View Full Version : Question Bumper respray- est cost anyone?

ozwoldA4
01-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi all,
My wife decided not to use her wing mirror reversing past my Avant (04 B6, light silver but can't recall which particular silver!) and scraped along the offside half of the front bumper. Not very impressed! Looks worse on her Avensis, but this is my pride and joy we're talking about... :-(
It's only minor cosmetic, nothing structural, but I'm just wondering how much it's likely to set us back for spraying the front bumper...
Hopefully people on here will have an idea.
Thanks y'all! :-)

Brycie
01-07-2012, 11:10 AM
The company I was advised to use by Preston Audi quoted me around £380 for rear bumper respray or upwards of £500 to replace. Can't imagine the front would be hugely different in terms of cost.

wroughtironron
01-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Obviously it depends on where you take it.

I had 3 panels sprayed last November - front wing, back wing (had a small dent in it) and lower bumper, at a local bodyshop - great finish and cost me £240.

kite
01-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Try a local SMART repairer, I think you will be surprised what they can do..

follow me on twitter...kiteaudi...

SWARCUP
03-07-2012, 12:16 PM
I had mine done for £150 cash, as kite says get a few quotes from local repairers, doesnt have to be the big bodyshops as they are expensive

Boat_face
03-07-2012, 08:15 PM
I had a dent pulled out of my rear drivers side wheel arch and the quarter panel sprayed. The paint and spraying labour was covered by an insurance claim after someone reversed into my door so I only paid for labour to pull, fill etc the dent. Total charge was £120. Not exactly a bumper but hopefully gives you something to go on. Definitely get a few quotes.

Eshrules
04-07-2012, 07:50 AM
and make sure whoever you go with either comes well recommended or has a warranty for their work - dodgy body shops can do more harm than good.

ozwoldA4
08-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks gents. Appreciate the info/advice.