PDA

View Full Version : It's at the dealers

jbanfie
29-06-2012, 02:34 PM

Arrived yesterday first bi-turbo they've had dealer phoned me and we went to have a play!

jbanfie
29-06-2012, 02:49 PM
http://youtu.be/09PpHBIrnWU

That's me you can just hear with a little chuckle!

mcwill
29-06-2012, 03:21 PM
How many days until you pick it up?

jbanfie
29-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Resisting temptation and sticking with original plan, so 63!

mcwill
29-06-2012, 03:39 PM
63!! Ouch.

Looks just like the one I picked up 7 days ago, except mine is a lot dirtier after the recent rains. 700 miles on the clock now with a lot more planned for the weekend.

Trust me you really need to pick it up sooner, a '12 reg looks much nicer than a '62 anyway.

[This posting brought to you by Temptations-R-US ]

jbanfie
29-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Interesting how opinions differ, the main reason I'm waiting is because I think a 62 will look better than a 12 - I'll tell you, when we got it going, I was certainly tempted to sell the Premium Bonds after the July auction this weekend! Fortunately the dealer didn't take me for a spin, the suspension was still locked in travel mode.

I don't want a private plate, we have one of those on the wifes car and they are a bit of a pain. My Grandma always used to say that patience is a virtue.

BiTDI
29-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Is that the exhaust sound in Dynamic Mode or Auto?

jbanfie
29-06-2012, 04:47 PM
That's Dynamic, although we had to configure it in the individual setting as the car would not go full dynamic mode because the Adaptive Suspension needs setting up as part of PDI.

Fun fun fun

shabazmo
29-06-2012, 05:42 PM
How can you miss 2 months of summer, July and August. These are the best driving months of the year. Go for it now and enjoy.

Guest 2
29-06-2012, 05:44 PM
How can you miss 2 months of summer, July and August. These are the best driving months of the year. Go for it now and enjoy.

I agree, who cares about a 62 plate, just enjoy your new car and feel good about beating people off the line of course within the speed limit ;)

jbanfie
29-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement, when the dealer told me it would be late July, it was easy to leave it a month for the new plate, now it's not so easy.

That said, I've got to free funds from various places which would take a week or 2 anyway! Plain bank accounts just don't seem to offer the interest rates they used to!

robbyg
29-06-2012, 06:56 PM
VERY NICE. Thanks for the A6 forum pointer over here.

Does that make you and i the only bitdi owners in the uk still?

Not sure if anyone else has even test driven on yet?

You will love yours. I am off to scotland tomorrow in mine, cant wait! 750miles so far, so once i get their will be experimenting with some kickdown and full throttle....... :)

I dont think i could wait 2 months while its in the garage ;(

jbanfie
29-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Hi robby,

As you have seen Mcwill is also an early adopter.

A tech guy joined us in the storage area at the dealers today, and he removed the engine cover - I nearly fainted at his brazen actions!

Anyway we saw both the turbos, very tightly packaged, and if you look on one of the large diameter air ducts, at the front of the engine just behind the radiator on the right hand side, it actually says "Biturbo" in white letters, we laughed as it was the only reference we could find on the car. Wish I'd taken a few pics of the engine - shame really