PDA

View Full Version : 2013 - 13 Plate Car would you or wouldn't you?

jbanfie
28-06-2012, 10:16 AM
When I ordered my car back in April, and was told it would come late July, I said for them to hold on to it for a month and I'd have a shiny 62 plate car on 1st Septmeber and drive round looking smug.

When I pointed out to the dealer that I wouldn't want a 13 plate and that they might not get too many orders towards the end of the year, he looked a little frightened with agreement.

So would you have a 13 plate car - yes or no, Chris will doubtless keep score!

I'm a no.

Guest 2
28-06-2012, 10:19 AM
I think a 13 plate would look odd - I did like 54-59 plates (who decided to start it at 51 btw?) but don't like the 04-10 plates either.

You probably know but our plates in NI are LLL NNNN and the old LLL NNN (l being letter and n being number) for example PEZ 6346 or XIW 100 and alot of you mainland peeps buy them for private plates .. Why? :confused:

So no from me - I can add a poll to this thread if you want?

Timothy Nathan
28-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Superstition is silly.

jbanfie
28-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Tim, I agree and am not really bothered myself, but that's not the point, let's say half the population are bothered - or half the populations wives are bothered - then should you wish to sell your car you've only got half a market - ugg.

Timothy Nathan
28-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Maybe we'll see an upsurge in cherished plates.

robbyg
28-06-2012, 06:51 PM
agree with tim, superstition is silly. I have been opening my umbrella indoors to dry it for years and ignoring chain emails for years (my favourite trick is to send ten copies back to the sender).

do you want a new car or not would be my question. the curves and lines printed on the plate on he back make no difference.

s555
05-07-2012, 10:38 PM
I think a 13 plate would look odd - I did like 54-59 plates (who decided to start it at 51 btw?) but don't like the 04-10 plates either.

The cynic in me suggests they might have engineered this so that the entire 01 range was available for the DVLA to sell as cherished plates, but they are yet to cash in on that AFAIK.

I have a cherished showing my lucky number, so can't argue against superstition but I don't think I would be too fussed about buying a car on a 13....