PDA

View Full Version : Parking sensors no longer mute radio

johncanelloni
27-06-2012, 09:06 PM
I hope someone can help as I really can't work out what I've done! I have a 2008 A5 with Concert radio and factory fitted reverse parking sensors. Up until a few weeks ago, when I put it in reverse it would mute the radio down to an almost inaudible level but not any more. If I'm listening to Media (SD card) then it lowers the volume slightly, like 1 click on the volume control, but not at all on the radio. The manual implies I should change the "In Car Entertainment" volume on the volume settings, but that's already at the minimum (traffic is one above the minimum. GALA is set to 3). I've tried the "reset settings" option on the radio but it didn't make any difference. Can someone please tell me what button to push to get it back to how it was? I'm sure it's simple... Cheers, John.

MFGF
27-06-2012, 10:55 PM
You could try putting the car into reverse then using the volume knob to lower the volume to the desired level. If you're lucky, this will set the volume for when the parking sensors are active.

Good luck!

MF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest 2
27-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Press Car then there should be a audi parking system submenu and adjust the buzzer volume - always something to try :)

johncanelloni
09-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Turning down the volume while in reverse just left it at the same lower volume when I went back to D. But a combination of turning up the "Traffic Announcement" setting under volume settings and turning up the buzzer volume seems to have got it back to nearly where it was before. Cheers, John.