PDA

View Full Version : Tyres

prolfe
06-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I am approaching 14k and my fronts are starting to look low, but only in the middle.

I know I have been wary of cornering too hard because of wear and tear. I also know that I have been accelerating hard only when the steering is pretty much straight.

I have SportMaxx 225/45/17's running about 36Psi because I regularly hit 90ish.

Any advise as to why it's just the centres? or what to go for next and what Psi's people use for similar sized tyres.

Thanks in advance

Ben
06-08-2007, 10:49 PM
over inflation will wear the centres quicker and under will wear the edges of the tread. I have the same size tyres on mine and run tham all at 30psi, nice even wear.

You should only need to increase pressures if your planning a heavy load, such as full car with luggage for holiday - prolonged heavy load.

My inflation instructions are located inside the fuel filler cover

prolfe
06-08-2007, 11:03 PM
over inflation will wear the centres quicker and under will wear the edges of the tread. I have the same size tyres on mine and run tham all at 30psi, nice even wear.

You should only need to increase pressures if your planning a heavy load, such as full car with luggage for holiday - prolonged heavy load.

My inflation instructions are located inside the fuel filler cover

mine were as well, but the Psi's quoted there were for increased speeds - I think i'll reduce and corner a bit harder until i get some new ones.

What do you have on yours?

Ben
06-08-2007, 11:08 PM
bridgestone turanzas excuse the spelling of turanza. the exact same size as yours.
They were on the car when i got it Nov 06. All i've done is swapped back to front and very soon i'll be needing 4 new boots. Periodically i look at mytyres.co.uk to see what the prices are doing and to research my next set.

Probably more info than you wanted actually.