PDA

View Full Version : rmc ami retro fit nearly complete

a8 tech
26-06-2012, 06:20 PM
New model new challenge to overcome

Well rmc ordered without ami so the long story starts again can it be done

First look hidden menu has no option but the part number for the control unit shows ami can be factory fitted

vcds long code helper any good No as per usual with new models its pants so need to make my own

3 c7's latter and I have worked out the coding

Now I used a C6 ami loom to test and bingo Ami shows up on the screen in media and plays :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Waiting for the correct cable and housing for the centre consul fitting will add some data and pics when I complete

mmi3g C7 ami is no problem but the rmc was a little tricky for sure

Guest 2
26-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Good job and well done!

BUT ... tut tut tut ;)

MFGF
26-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Great work that man!! :) If I'd have realised you were hunting for C7s with AMI to check the coding, I would have volunteered mine. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest 2
26-06-2012, 11:07 PM
What's the rmc out of interest?

LNS007
13-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Hello,

Very well done ! I'm looking also for it for 2 weeks now. I had the chance to read out 2 allroads A6 C7, and compared the 5F (MMI) and 19 (CAN gateway) with mine. I have the original AMI loom for my system (RMC MMI), but no succes. I fitted the RMC from the allroad into mine (A6 avant C7) and AMI plays. So cable and connection is good. Not difficult, just plug in. On my screen, I still have the AUX.
Anyway, I found out the "hidden menu" of the RMC, but no changes possible here, just diagnoses. Not like the MMI+, where you can activate the AMI. The distributor of AUDI/VW in Belgium, d'Ieteren, says that it can not be done. Yeah, heard that before... I can activate bluetooth, cornering lights and other thinks also on many AUDI's, but my own A6 C7 is a problem for the AMI.
Thats why I'm asking now where things has to be adjusted. I think in the 5F, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, KUFATEC offers the cable loom for the AMI + a OBD dongle that does the job.... so it can be done with VCDS also, that's for sure.
I have the official VCDS 11.11.4 and OBD cable.

Thanks and regards

LNS

a8 tech
13-09-2012, 07:19 PM
The only way I found was by using the online vag server to make the parameter change so you need two identical speced vehicles and fit your none ami rmc into the vehicle with ami then run a comparison test which will then download the parameter setting into your new unit.

Now fit this unit into the none ami car and the ami harness and it will work

vcds adjustments just leave's none highlighted menu's which do not work

or buy the dongle from kufatec

I raised the subject on 2012 A6 4G CHASSIS AMI RETROFIT | Audi Forum (http://audiforum.us/threads/2012-a6-4g-chassis-ami-retrofit.16051/#post-98814) and no one has cracked it via vcds

LNS007
14-09-2012, 06:25 AM
OK thx. There's somewher a hidden bit or something, pherhaps count +2 on a location, I don't know. I think I'm going to order the dongle.... In case of updating the MMI, the data will be lost again and you will have to do a comparison test again. Difficult this time, isn't it....

Grtz

a8 tech
14-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Yes they have made some changes and it's more likely the dongle is easier to work out what is required to make adjustments for retrofits

Sent from my iPhone using
My fat fingers

LNS007
20-09-2012, 09:11 PM
KUFATEC dongle to code RMC MMI navi is on the way. Results next week.:o

LNS007
26-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Allright, the dongle did it. I plugged it in for 10 seconds, radio went off and on, and AMI is on the screen, AUX is gone.
IPOD plays, everything OK.:Blush: