PDA

View Full Version : "Stay on this road for a LONG time..."

Hugh Jend
24-06-2012, 12:56 PM
says the satnav!

What, in the name of the baby jesus (aahhh) is THAT meant to mean?

I've fitted my TT Live, the old Brodit bracket fits perfectly and I will use that.

Gizmo68
24-06-2012, 01:37 PM
:biglaugh:

It is quite amusing when she says that!

However why would you want an ugly TT on show when you have a nice integrated system already there?

I use Tom Tom (work) Columbus and RNS-E and TBH the Columbus is slightly harder to programme than a TT but once set is much better than the TT and the RNS-E well is just dated (still better than a TT stuck to the dash though.

Hugh Jend
24-06-2012, 05:05 PM
:biglaugh:

It is quite amusing when she says that!

However why would you want an ugly TT on show when you have a nice integrated system already there?

I use Tom Tom (work) Columbus and RNS-E and TBH the Columbus is slightly harder to programme than a TT but once set is much better than the TT and the RNS-E well is just dated (still better than a TT stuck to the dash though.

Many Thanks for the reply.
I will use the TT for some bloody good reasons...('though I fully take onboard your comments and do agree to a point.).

1) It has live updates which work really well
2) I have a life membership on Pocket GPS World, which means that I can renew the speed camera database for nothing.
3) The POIs on the Tom Tom are top notch
4) I have the complete European mapping on the TT

I'm sure that I will, in time, bin the TT...but for the time being, I'm sticking with it.

D4D
26-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Agreed ! The real kicker is that if you look at your MFD display at the time she informs you of this pointless piece of information it actually tells you the number of miles to your turn ! why it can just say it I've no idea... Personally its the lack of full postcodes that did it for me, I use my iPhone on a brodit clip with navigon now. The fitted sat nav varies between "ok" at best to "complete *****" at worst. Theres whole another thread about that though !