PDA

View Full Version : iPod no media

Matt482
24-06-2012, 08:14 AM
So I have an iPod touch 1st gen and connected to red lead.
Now I have found that when I have turned the engine off and returned later, I get a message saying something like can not find media.

I unplug the iPod and put back in and it works.

I have changed the cable to blue and have not had much time to test but it has failed once already with the same message.

Anybody had this expierence?

MFGF
25-06-2012, 11:55 AM
I have an iPod classic, connected by the blue collar lead (it's not supported on the red lead) and occasionally I get a message in the MMI saying "No playable media found" when I get into the car. If I reboot the MMI (MENU, central MMI knob and top right softkey) it clears the problem, and the iPod continues playing from where it was the last time I was in the car. It seems to be a glitch in the MMI software - hopefully it might be fixed by a software update at some point.

Cheers!

MF.

Matt482
25-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Mark thanks as ever that is what I see

dgarside
28-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Yep, seeing exactly the same here. Besides the reset, I did find (100% success) that if you have the radio selected when you first turn on the car and let the system boot fully then select media/iPod you don't get the error. If media/iPod is selected when you first turn on the car, I tend to get problems 90% of the time.

Darren.

MFGF
28-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Yep, seeing exactly the same here. Besides the reset, I did find (100% success) that if you have the radio selected when you first turn on the car and let the system boot fully then select media/iPod you don't get the error. If media/iPod is selected when you first turn on the car, I tend to get problems 90% of the time.

Darren.

Top tip! Thanks Darren!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dgarside
28-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Pleasure.... :-)

Furion
29-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Does the charging icon display on the ipod when coonected.

I have a black lead am using the latest ipod nano, but it doesnt show it as charging, i get the same with iphone 4s

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk Android

MFGF
29-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Does the charging icon display on the ipod when coonected.

I have a black lead am using the latest ipod nano, but it doesnt show it as charging, i get the same with iphone 4s

My iPod Classic charges, and it displays an Audi logo on the screen when connected.

MF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dgarside
29-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Same here I believe, defo charges.

Darren.

Furion
29-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I tried surfing for a list of the supported devices on blue black and red cables without much success. Going.to pop into dealer in my travels today and see if i can get that info.

I read that if you want the blutooth to work while connected to mmi via cable, the cable has to be the blue coller type, http://www.iamaudi.com/audi-i-pod-adapter/

MFGF
29-06-2012, 12:16 PM
That post is rather out of date. Since then, the red collar cable has been released. My iPhone 4 plays and charges fine when connected via the red collar cable (and displays album art on tracks), and also retains the bluetooth connection to the phone module. My iPod Classic doesn't work at all via the red collar cable, though - the MMI lists it as an unsupported device. I need to switch to the blue collar cable, but this doesn't support album art. The blue and red collar cables are the only two you should be using with MMI 3G+ in the C7 - black collar cables are for MMI 2G.

Cheers!

MF.