PDA

View Full Version : Which SD Cards for Music in the MMI

soofsayer
22-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi All,

A friend of mine uses SD cards for playing music in his 11 plate A6 which I think is a cracking idea, saves messing about with ipods.

I seem to remember that the SDHC does / doesn't work with the MMI (can't recall which)? Also how much storage can the MMi address up to 32GB?

Any advice much appreciated before I buy a couple of cards off Amazon.

My A7 on a 61 plate has the 2 SD card slots and has the High / online services option fitted.

Thanks in advance.

neilos100
22-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I have a couple of 16gb sdhc cards in my A6. Work flawlessly and really easy to use too. I got mine from mymemory.co.uk. They have some really good deals on their site. MyMemory 32GB SD Card (SDHC) - Class 10 £14.89 - Free Delivery (http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/MyMemory/MyMemory-32GB-SD-Card-%28SDHC%29---Class-10?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=120621_32GB_MM_SDHC&origin=Newsletter)
Class 10 32gb for 15 quid! Unbelievable value.....

Neil

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

MFGF
22-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Mine are 4Gb non-HC SD cards, and they work fine too.

Cheers!

MF.

soofsayer
05-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks All,

The 32GB SDHC card recommended by Nelios works a treat.

Many thanks.

Steuart64
08-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Is there a specific way to load the music on the card so the music info shows on the MMI screen?

MFGF
09-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Is there a specific way to load the music on the card so the music info shows on the MMI screen?

I would suggest each album be put into a separate folder, named to make it obvious what the album/artist is. How is your music currently stored on your computer? If you have tracks stored as m4a file types (Apple's iTunes format), just copy them to the SD card in the folders iTunes creates. You should get all the same album/artist/track names and the album artwork you see from within iTunes. If you have them stored as mp3 files, make sure the ID3 tags are populated with the relevant album/artist/track names, and that your album artwork is embedded. Often, tracks you have downloaded from Amazon/HMV etc or ones imported by the better ripping programs will have this automatically. If not, there are some free MP3 tagging utilities you can use to do this job. I use one called Reezaa MP3 Tag Editor if I need to tweak any of the tags. I think the car looks at the ID3v1.1 tags, but it doesn't hurt to have the ID3v2.x tags populated too.

Good luck!

MF.

Tavli
13-02-2015, 11:36 AM
I would suggest each album be put into a separate folder, named to make it obvious what the album/artist is. How is your music currently stored on your computer? If you have tracks stored as m4a file types (Apple's iTunes format), just copy them to the SD card in the folders iTunes creates. You should get all the same album/artist/track names and the album artwork you see from within iTunes. If you have them stored as mp3 files, make sure the ID3 tags are populated with the relevant album/artist/track names, and that your album artwork is embedded. Often, tracks you have downloaded from Amazon/HMV etc or ones imported by the better ripping programs will have this automatically. If not, there are some free MP3 tagging utilities you can use to do this job. I use one called Reezaa MP3 Tag Editor if I need to tweak any of the tags. I think the car looks at the ID3v1.1 tags, but it doesn't hurt to have the ID3v2.x tags populated too.

Good luck!

MF.

Plus 1 here too, I use iTunes files and folder layout, works perfect including the album art and track details too.

bingodingo
13-02-2015, 06:59 PM
One thing I noticed when you copy an iTunes playlist to an SD card it does not playback in the same order. Other than that they work very well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD