PDA

View Full Version : Today's the day, on my way to collect the car!

22-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Just had to post this as I'm like a kid at Christmas at the moment!

Currently on the train down to London for a couple of meetings, then off to Audi to go and collect my A6. I had the car fully detailed yesterday by Justin @ Car Detailing, Paint Correction & Paint Protection | Car Detail (http://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk/) with the full range of Gtechniq products. Will be driving it home this evening.

Guest 2
22-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Very nice!

Enjoy it ;)

thehorse
22-06-2012, 09:47 AM
That does look nice - Oolong?

Guest 2
22-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Looks like Oolong! :)

22-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Thanks! Yes, it's Oolong, although it looks very grey in these pics, it seems to need sunlight or fluorescent/Halogen lights to show up the brown in it.

MFGF
22-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Great looking car!!! Enjoy the drive home! :)

Sheroo
23-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Just had to post this as I'm like a kid at Christmas at the moment!

Currently on the train down to London for a couple of meetings, then off to Audi to go and collect my A6. I had the car fully detailed yesterday by Justin @ Car Detailing, Paint Correction & Paint Protection | Car Detail (http://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk/) with the full range of Gtechniq products. Will be driving it home this evening.

Congratulations, the car looks great! What arrangement did you have with your detailer? What exactly did he do? costs? Did you have to be present? Sorry for the 'Spanish Inquistion', I want to do something similar but live over 200 miles from Audi Walton, they're happy to provide space/power to a dealer of my choice but I really don't have time to be present there during the detailing process...

23-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Congratulations, the car looks great! What arrangement did you have with your detailer? What exactly did he do? costs? Did you have to be present? Sorry for the 'Spanish Inquistion', I want to do something similar but live over 200 miles from Audi Walton, they're happy to provide space/power to a dealer of my choice but I really don't have time to be present there during the detailing process...

Thanks, over 350 miles on it now and really enjoying it, even if the MMI is taking some learning!

What arrangement did you have with your detailer?
Regarding getting the car detailed, Justin @ Exclusive Car Care was great. I cannot recommend him enough Car Detailing, Paint Correction & Paint Protection | Car Detail (http://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk/)

What exactly did he do?
His standard new car prep was just what I wanted and consisted of:
- Wash and decontamination (clay, de-iron, de-tar)
- Single stage machine polish to remove any marking and ensure a perfect finish
- Gtechniq C1 applied to all bodywork.
- Gtechniq C5 applied to wheels
- Gtechniq G1 applied to glass
- Gtechniq I1 applied to fabrics
- Gtechniq L1 applied to leather
- Gtechniq T1 on tyres
- Gtechniq C6 on interior plastics

Before any of this work was done he took paint depth readings to check for any repairs or damage caused in transit.

Costs?
Less than they will try and sell you AG Lifeshine for!
Did you have to be present?No. The dealership knew he was coming and had agreed to various things he needed. Justin travelled up on the day and then sent me some pictures once he was finished. Audi then stored the car underground until it was brought out for me yesterday. I'd paid him a £75 deposit before hand and the balance now I've collected the car. He also left me a bottle of C1.5 to top up with and also some L1 and C6.

Give him a shout for your booking. I expect he will travel to Walton.

Sheroo
23-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Thanks I will most definitely take up this option, I hope you don't mind me asking what was the cost for this work?

23-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks I will most definitely take up this option, I hope you don't mind me asking what was the cost for this work?

Will pm you.

johnsimcox
24-06-2012, 08:49 AM

I picked up my A6 Avant from Walton Audi just over a week ago (second car brought from them) and to be honest their prep work on the car was faultless. I did not go for the AutoGlym package so it was just their standard work and they had only had the car on site on the Tuesday, saw it on the Wednesday still stickered, and i picked it up on the Friday so did not have masses of time to do the prep. If you are wanting special treatments applied from the word go then clearly a detailer would be required but if not you may be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the work they do as standard