PDA

View Full Version : It's built

jbanfie
21-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Oooooo - my S-Line Bi Turbo is built, awaiting shipping!

This is going to be a big exercise in patience, as I want 62 day elation, rather than just a mid July 12 plate.

Try not to get massively excited and failing!

shabazmo
21-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Sounds great. Tell us more about the spec you have orderred. I assume that you have specced it well.

jbanfie
22-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Hi,

Spec is quite simple really as most things I wanted are on the S Line anyway - which is very different from speccing an A6!

Daytona Grey - Pearl
Alcantara/Pearl Nappa Leather - more comfy
Adaptive Suspension - I thought S Line suspension too hard, but wanted the looks
Tech Pack
Privacy Glass
Adaptive light and high-beam assist
Through load with ski bag
Storage Pack

Got it for the engine really, I wanted a quick 4WD car that didn't just drink fuel, considered BMW 535 Touring and Porsche Panamera, but only picked up the phone when the bi-turbo Audi came about, well that's not quite true, I actually had a set of Panamera brochures sent through, very nice (the brochures), but car too expensive for what it is and performance / economy not a patch on the Audi.

I was going to get an Avant A6, but the A7 grew on me, so I swapped about a month into the process, didn't affect the build date, which actually came forward when we changed the leather to Alcantara after the wife actually sat on some seats.

Cheers

shabazmo
23-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Good move on the A7 front. Apart from looking good, the benefit of the hatchback is huge. I have transported quite a few large boxes. When you get the car I would like to get your views on the adaptive headlights and high beam assist. An option I regret not getting.

Steuart64
13-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Been told my build will start on 24 September. New to this new car malarky but do Audi inform you at each stage ie Start, built, shipping, in UK etc etc?

Steuart64
21-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Been told my build will start on 24 September. New to this new car malarky but do Audi inform you at each stage ie Start, built, shipping, in UK etc etc?

It seems they do! Got an email today that my build date had been brought forward and the car is complete and awaiting shipping. Anyone know how long the shipping takes? Many thanks

shabazmo
21-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Its about 4 weeks from shipping to ready for you to collect by you.

jbanfie
21-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Shabazmo, you asked about adaptive lights and high beam assist, here's the sp and thoughts

The adaptive lights work well both at tracking corners at speed and the low speed 'cornering light' which come on when you slow down, these are really good at junctions and driveways, there may be an option in VCDS to turn the cornering lights on even if you don't have adaptive - there is a thread on that over on the A6 pages.

The high beam assist is really good too, it tracks the rear of cars well - I guess it looks at red light as much as white light.
There is no concept of dipped and main beam light units, just one bulb that angles up and down depending on what the car 'sees'.
I've already got mine set on 'Early' response as it was a bit slow to react on medium. Even on early it's not perfect when cars come round corners, you can anticipate better than it can!!!
Overall it can make for some really lazy driving though!
Like all systems on the Audi, it takes a minute or two to get going!!!

Steuart64
27-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Its about 4 weeks from shipping to ready for you to collect by you.
Build started 17th Sept and completed 21st. Advised on 25th car at Emden awaiting shipping. Seems to be getting advanced!!