PDA

View Full Version : Question Strange washer jet issue

ned.c
20-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Hi all,

My girlfriend recently got an a3 similar to mine (hers is an 06 2.0tdi se, mine is an 05 2.0tdi sport) but on hers it appears that the washer jet controls are wired wrong on the stalk, let me explain:

When you try to clean the front windscreen the back wiper goes and tries to spray (though appears to be blocked) and when you go to wash the back the front sprays! So sitting in the car you push the stalk away to activate the rear wiper, then you press away again (the sprung washer push) and the front jets clean the front windscreen. Trying to pull the stalk towards you to wash the front screen the rear wiper starts going (the normal 3 times when you activate the rear wash) and the motor tries to pump water to the rear screen, though it seems to be blocked (separate issue).

My only thought so far is that at some point and for reasons unknown the wires on the stalk multiplug have been crossed, anyone any ideas on this? alternative suggestions or got a wiring diagram with wire colours if I decide to pull it apart to check?

Obviously not the end of the world, but a bit strange.

thanks,

Andrew.

Crasher
20-06-2012, 03:07 PM
I had this the other day, it was a faulty column stalk. The 8P isn't wired up as such, it is all CAN BUS controlled.

ned.c
20-06-2012, 03:51 PM
well I popped out to have a look, thinking there must be two connectors for two pumps from the washer reservoir, one front one rear etc. Anyway I spotted the washer pipe outlets behind the foglight grills and simply swapped them over, job done - how simple was that! Does make me wonder why they'd been swapped over though (likely reservoir out due to accident repair?) or if it is coincidentally a wiper stalk switching issue, but anyway a free fix is good enough for me!

cheers for the response,

Andrew,