PDA

View Full Version : Please Help turbo issue?

emleymonkey
19-06-2012, 02:11 PM
I was getting a light on my dash after starting the engine from warm (flashing glow plug light) this was read at a local garage and a boost pressure sensor error diagnosed so item bought and fitted by them. This hasn't solved the problem and now the emgine management light occasionaly comes on as well as the flashing glow plug light. This means the car runs in some kind of limp home mode with reduced power. mpg seems the same

I am running a 3.0 tdi avant quattro with 70k on the clock - any ideas.

jdp1962
19-06-2012, 02:19 PM
I was getting a light on my dash after starting the engine from warm (flashing glow plug light) this was read at a local garage and a boost pressure sensor error diagnosed so item bought and fitted by them. This hasn't solved the problem and now the emgine management light occasionaly comes on as well as the flashing glow plug light. This means the car runs in some kind of limp home mode with reduced power. mpg seems the same

I am running a 3.0 tdi avant quattro with 70k on the clock - any ideas.
I can't speak for the glow-plug issue, but the emagine management light could be a sign of a fault with the inlet manifold swirl flap motor assembly. Do a search on here for inlet manifolds on the 3.0TDi engine.

emleymonkey
28-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Well as an update subsequently took the car to German Autocare in Wakefield and Air Mass sensor came up on diagnosis. So new part fitted but still throwing a fault and EGR valve was sticking so that was cleaned up. The engine management light now stays off but the original problam is still persisting (going into limp home, shown by flashing glow plug light after driving for a mile or 2, when starting engine from warm) this can be cleared by stopping the car turning off the engine and restarting.

So german autocare think it is deffo not the turbo but possibly another sensor (a turbo management one, how frickin many are there?) may need replacing. jdp1962 thanks for reply, it seems the swirl flap assembly is ok but was highlighted to me, at £300 a side not a cheap bit to replace.

So with £270 road tax stinging my wallet this month any further repairs will have to wait, beginning to wonder whether it's best to sell it and move over to the bavarian side of german engineering.