PDA

View Full Version : 1 reason why I want to be german

Matt482
17-06-2012, 02:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ryHPBq_uhU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

MFGF
17-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Cool!! I would have loved to have been included in that!!

Guest 2
17-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I was at something similar a few years ago albeit Lexus (minus the track ;)) - just really a day of extended test drives in whatever models (at the time) were avaliable.

The route consisted of around 20 miles taking in dual carriageways and country roads unattended ;)

Would love to go on an Audi Driving Experience though but Belfast Audi did do something similar to the Lexus day a year and a half ago. Got pics somewhere :)

Timothy Nathan
17-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I was going to start a thread on why I don't want to be German, but thought better of it :outtahere

Matt482
17-06-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm sure if you did the site servers would fail from endless posts lol

A4 Lad
17-06-2012, 10:18 PM
BMW were doing it on Saturday. I assume so anyway as I passed three brand new BMWs on the way to belfast and then two more on the backroads from Belfast to Bangor. All were plastered in graphics and had trade plates. I zoomed past them in my AUDI :D lol

rizday
19-06-2012, 09:00 AM
You dont have to be German, Audi did this in the UK last year - I went.

It was at Silverstone and included comparison drives with BMW 5 series, Jag and E-class, track sessions, scenic drive and tests of the parking and cruise control driver aids. It was a cracking day out, brilliantly organised, fantastic instructors. Great food and a goodie bag.

I'm sure it played no part in me upgrading my C6 to a C7 and telling everyone how great Audi looked after me!

Matt482
19-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Now the obvious question.....

How the hell did you manage that?

rizday
20-06-2012, 09:14 AM
It came directly from Audi UK, not my dealer apparently.

The invite came in a very expensive looking envelope and was printed on a square of semitransparent plastic. Beautiful design.

rickerby
07-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Yes, I attended a very similar event at Silverstone - Just wish they had done the handling demonstration before lunch! I suspect I was probably the very first person to be sick in a C7.

Doctle Odd
07-11-2012, 11:21 PM
I have a mustache and want want to dominate the Europe....

Timothy Nathan
07-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Roll on the end of November.

CeeTee
08-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Audi Belfast did do a thing about 6 months in Carnlough and I got an invite, drove a Bi-Turbo A6 and a Q7 but the weather was cack and it more of a scenic drive than a proper test drive but still enjoyable to have a go in cars I could not afford and get a few free Audi branded umbrellas for the boot of my new A6, not a Bi-Turbo.

Guest 2
08-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Audi Belfast did do a thing about 6 months in Carnlough and I got an invite, drove a Bi-Turbo A6 and a Q7 but the weather was cack and it more of a scenic drive than a proper test drive but still enjoyable to have a go in cars I could not afford and get a few free Audi branded umbrellas for the boot of my new A6, not a Bi-Turbo.

Oh oh oh! Remember that myself - couldn't go due to work commitments though!

Been to Glenarm with them in the past and also the Galgorm in Cullybackey. There were some smelling brakes that day! ;)