PDA

View Full Version : Bora increased MPG with ASR switched off?

Fizzbitt
06-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Might be just in my head but this morning i decided to turn the ASR off as it likes to kick in when you pull out at a junction while turning and i got better mpg...

As it annoyed me i decided to turn it off at the start of my journey to work this morning. Dont know if its just the conditions on the road today (which seem the same as every day on the M62) but i got 52.4mpg without trying to be careful.

Normally i get around the 47mpg figure... i will give it a few more attempts and let you all know what i find.

The only thing i can put it down to is when you pull away while it kicks in it cuts power and reapplies it quite quickly and as a result uses more fuel to get you up to speed. I aint no mechanic so dont shoot me if im wrong.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Jasonz
06-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Surely, unless you wheel spin, the ASR never comes into play, so would have no effect on economy?

Fizzbitt
06-08-2007, 02:14 PM
i encounter a lot of round abouts and go on and off slip roads every day.

I have found that in 2nd gear if i have my foot to the floor mid bend i get a slight hesitation... dont know if its the ASR or what but it aint happend since i have turned it off.

Anyway... i will be trying this for the rest of the week and let you know if its just in my head! :confused:

Matt 1911
06-08-2007, 08:35 PM
i know its a bit bizarre to ask but do u have budget tyres, had a lot of grief with an A3 140 sport with cheap tyres, traction control was always even under 'sensible' driving

Fizzbitt
07-08-2007, 08:48 AM
i know its a bit bizarre to ask but do u have budget tyres, had a lot of grief with an A3 140 sport with cheap tyres, traction control was always even under 'sensible' driving

Not at all matey... I only just put a set of Michilen tyres on costing just short of £200. lol

Tried it again today and this time i was back to normal mpg of about 48/49. Must have just been a fluke occurence where the traffic may not have hindered me as much as i thought it did.l

Its official.. im a nut job! :approve::D

bora(ing) nick
07-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Its official.. im a nut job! :approve::D

I'll second that...:p :beerchug:

Nick

Fizzbitt
07-08-2007, 08:59 AM
I'll second that...:p :beerchug:

Nick

You aint normal if you aint a little strange man! ;)