PDA

View Full Version : buying a new a4 avant black edition

badus
16-06-2012, 08:26 PM
hi all, my first post so I hope im not breaking any forum rules, i did read sticky quickly

Im getting ready to buy a new a4 avant and spoke to one dealer through the mweek, a really negative experience tbh that could be summed up with thats the price, buy it if you want...

Im looking for some advice on what I could or should exect to gain when pushing for a deal. currently I got 3k in from me,3.7 in from audi andapr at 6.7% over 3yrs/20k miles. when I enquired to lower apr I was told no, I offered higher deposit which he seemed to ignore on the phone and proceeded to calculate a 4yr deal to bring down monthlys

Im sure I read here or another forum people achieving basically 0% apr which is obviously attractive, I dont mind paying for car, paying for finance annoys!

with that in mind can anyone share expectations, realisations and any knowledge on current or future deals. Im going to go out and see some other dealers tomorrow and happy to shop around and discuss privatley if thats preferable

thanks

SS

quattrodaddy
16-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Dont think you would get 0% apr on a A4 without a big deposit.

STEWY L
16-06-2012, 10:46 PM
bank loan? go as cash buyer?
stewy.

badus
16-06-2012, 11:20 PM
bigger deposit is an option, bank loan would have slightly better apr I guess but wouldnt give PCP final payment. guess I will just keep chancing my arm and see who wants the business. Got an 09 plate golf gtd to trade so driving is fun every day, just fancied a bigger car

jakerade
21-06-2012, 01:45 PM
i would start off with visiting somewhere like autobytel, spec'ing the car / price and getting the price of the car before talking finance with anyone. You can then use the price of the car to leverage a deal. Autobytel actually have audi dealerships.