PDA

View Full Version : Question Audi A4 2004 1.9tdi Slip Ring

madjay
16-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I have an Audi A4 1.9tdi Avant (2004) with a failed Slip Ring (Steering Angle Sensor G85). I have spoken to my local Audi garage and they state the Part Number is: 8E0953541E. Can anyone tell me if I can use a C or a D version of this part? Thanks.

mgquattro
15-07-2012, 09:59 PM
The version number differs with the different specification for the car, eg if you have cruise control fitted or DIS the C or D version may be older variations or have less options enabled. I think I had to change a "C" version for an "F" version when I fitted Cruise control, which I maby why you can pick up "C" versions for sale.
So to answer you question...Yes you can fit them but you might loose functionality....

Mike

RuslanA4
16-07-2012, 12:42 AM
I think you're talking about different things... I didn't had to change airbag slip ring (G85) when installing cruise control, but had to change steering column electronics control module (J527). Via G85 airbag is controlled, and as option MFSW and heated steering wheel as far as I know

mgquattro
16-07-2012, 10:59 PM
I think you're talking about different things... I didn't had to change airbag slip ring (G85) when installing cruise control, but had to change steering column electronics control module (J527). Via G85 airbag is controlled, and as option MFSW and heated steering wheel as far as I know

Oops Looks like I just failed my 11 Plus Again :Blush2:

Read the Question...

Your right......Sorry..... wrong story...

Mike