PDA

View Full Version : Standard sat nav question - colour DIS

thehorse
16-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Hi All,

The demonstrator I took out had the enhanced more expensive sat nav with the bigger screen etc. and I found the junction pictures in the DIS really useful, in fact I didn't really look at the main fold out screen.

I was wondering if the standard sat nav also displays sat nav prompts in the DIS? If not would upgrading to the colour DIS give me the sat nav prompts in the DIS?

Any comments appreciated

johnsimcox
16-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Hi All,

The demonstrator I took out had the enhanced more expensive sat nav with the bigger screen etc. and I found the junction pictures in the DIS really useful, in fact I didn't really look at the main fold out screen.

I was wondering if the standard sat nav also displays sat nav prompts in the DIS? If not would upgrading to the colour DIS give me the sat nav prompts in the DIS?

Any comments appreciated

Yes the standard Sat Nav does display the junction info in the DIS (I only have the standard 6.5" B&W DIS)

Hawthorn37
23-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Hi All,

Any comments appreciated

As previous reply, yes it does. You get the " count down" to your junction etc just like the enhanced " high" version. The only negative points I can see ( my last c6 A6 had the High version) are that you don't get the lane detail as clear on the main display, and as it is SD card driven and not DVD, it isn't as quick to give directions. There have been a couple of times I have been going opposite the turn before the voice prompt tells me. I haven't found it to be an issue though, and given the big £ ticket, I wouldn't have gone for it in retrospect.
Hope this helps your choice.