PDA

View Full Version : Specs - Stupid Question

Matt482
15-06-2012, 10:10 AM
I'm sure this is a none starter, but, is there a database somewhere where you can type in you car reg etc and it shows the spec of the car.

As i'm sure many of you have read i am due to pick up a lovely 2012 A6 registered in March in the next week or so.

I was advised by the dealer it had a list of extras however after buying the car i asked how the mirrors folded as i couldnt figure it out. He told me that is should be an additional option on the mirror button on the drivers door - it wasnt.

He informed me that Audi must have built the car without it - even though on the Spec he showed me Audi had indeed confirmed they had fitted it and inturn charged me £215.00

Obviously he has now reduced the cost by this amount but makes me think now - what else does my car not have that Audi state it does.........

Thanks

Matt

Hex69
15-06-2012, 11:19 AM
http://igorweb.org/equidec/ Don't know how up to date it is, but worth a try.

Guest 2
15-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Contact Audi Customer Service on 0800 699888 with the reg

For the PR code decoder you need the physical car present to read the codes

Matt482
15-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Contact Audi Customer Service on 0800 699888 with the reg

For the PR code decoder you need the physical car present to read the codes

Thanks for this, would i simply just asked them for the codes?

Matt

johnsimcox
15-06-2012, 01:22 PM
You used to be able to register and then login on the Audi website and it would bring up the details of your car including any options but they have switched to Myaudi now and that only holds the basic details for the car and not the options

MFGF
15-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks for this, would i simply just asked them for the codes?

Matt

See if you can get a copy or a photo of the sticker in the spare wheel well and/or the inside cover of the service book. This has the codes on it, and you can use the website listed above to decode them.

This is what to look for:

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss35/MFGF1/A6%20C7/IMG_1580a.jpg

Cheers!

MF.