PDA

View Full Version : Lighting pack

Black RATT
14-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Hi,
I'm a newby to the forum but have been scanning since ordering a Daytona grey Avant in May. As part of the spec I ordered the lighting package. Does anyone have any pictures of the lighting they can post? I am a little confused over the differences between the lighting options.
Many thanks.:confused:
Just found the thread.......!!:blindfold Would still appreciate any photos in the A6 please.

MFGF
15-06-2012, 11:00 AM
It's daylight and raining cats and dogs at the moment, so I can't get any pictures, but you get puddle lights in each of the four exterior door handles, footwell lights and overhead red LED downlighters above the centre console. You also get LED lights in the interior door handles and illumination underneath the doors when open. It is not controllable via the MMI though.

Regards,

MF.

johnsimcox
15-06-2012, 01:23 PM
And ambient lighting give you additional mood lighting around the car

robob123
15-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Surely the footwell lights and door lights are standard. I don't have the lighting pack but have them.

MFGF
15-06-2012, 10:43 PM
I noticed tonight that there are long illuminated strips running across the door cards too - tucked underneath the swage line.

MF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Black RATT
15-06-2012, 11:13 PM
I was hoping this was the case!
I have to admit to a bit of a light fetish. When I picked up the TT, I spent longer than a grown man should sitting in the car, in the garage, in the dark admiring the LED package. :Blush2:
The prompt response is much appreciated by the way!

johnsimcox
16-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Just driven the car at night for the first time and I do not have the light pack, so this is what you get as standard. LEDs in each footwell that illuminate when door is open, red LEDs in each internal door release handle, puddle lights for both front doors (not rears), general red wash over centre console, illuminated vanity mirrors, map lights front and rear, glovebox light. I think one of the things the Lighting Pack does is replace the normal interior lighting with LEDs as well as adding additional lights such as puddle lights for rear doors, lights under the wing mirrors and additional interior lights, including inside the armrest. Ambient lighting takes it a stage further

17-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Just driven the car at night for the first time and I do not have the light pack, so this is what you get as standard. LEDs in each footwell that illuminate when door is open, red LEDs in each internal door release handle, puddle lights for both front doors (not rears), general red wash over centre console, illuminated vanity mirrors, map lights front and rear, glovebox light. I think one of the things the Lighting Pack does is replace the normal interior lighting with LEDs as well as adding additional lights such as puddle lights for rear doors, lights under the wing mirrors and additional interior lights, including inside the armrest. Ambient lighting takes it a stage further

Good to hear. I'd have liked the wing mirror lights on mine, but the rest is unnecessary for me.

MFGF
17-06-2012, 05:47 PM
The lights are actually in the bottoms of the exterior door handles on a C7, not in the door mirrors. I took a quick look last night, and the footwell lights do not remain on during normal driving (as is configurable with the Ambient pack).

Cheers!

MF.

ricky_s
18-06-2012, 09:27 AM
This is an option I wished I hadn't taken up, already the door lights in one of my rear passenger doors has stopped working.

Guest 2
18-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Get back to Audi and get it replaced under warranty.

ricky_s
18-06-2012, 10:01 AM
I will at some stage, but that will be the third time it goes back.

Guest 2
18-06-2012, 10:07 AM
I will at some stage, but that will be the third time it goes back.

Sounds like my A3 then ;)

DR_A6
18-06-2012, 06:12 PM
The lights are actually in the bottoms of the exterior door handles on a C7, not in the door mirrors. I took a quick look last night, and the footwell lights do not remain on during normal driving (as is configurable with the Ambient pack).

Cheers!

MF.

Is this something which could be configured through the VDCS some how ? I am sure that there isnt actually much hardware change ?

rickerby
20-06-2012, 06:54 AM
I was under the impression that without one of the lighting packs you ended up with little more than a courtesy light, but looking at my car (with no packs) for the first time last night and it lit up like a Christmas tree! Hard to imagine what else could be added.

MFGF
20-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Is this something which could be configured through the VDCS some how ? I am sure that there isnt actually much hardware change ?

A very good question! I would need to see a car with Ambient fitted and compare the coding and / or hidden menu settings with mine.

MF.

skibuddy
20-06-2012, 08:34 AM
The only thing I have found on the MMI is the ability to control the brightness of the lighting. I have the lighting pack, but not the ambient lighting pack. I am really not clear on all the relative differences of each of the options. It does look pretty at night though. Took me a little while to realise that for the door handle illumination to work when unlocking the car, the headlights have to be on automatic.

DR_A6
30-06-2012, 10:22 AM
A very good question! I would need to see a car with Ambient fitted and compare the coding and / or hidden menu settings with mine.

MF.

Hi - My first night time drive last night, and the footwell lights were on, though only the front i think and probably just a single LED were on as were the strips in the doors. I think the lighting pack is pretty good actually, and he puddle lights looked great, not sure what extra the ambient lighting would or does add other than a bit more configuration.

Peter

Ro9n
13-09-2012, 05:51 PM

Hi, just bought an A6 2.8Fsi 2012. It is a company car directly from Audi AG, Germany. I will have it in two weeks approx. It does not have the light pack and not ambiente. If I understand you correct, I will still have red lights on inside door handles, and also the two red "downlights" over centre console?

foxy367
14-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Right to throw my two penneth in I picked my car up yesterday and had a bit of a drive out last night. My car has the ambient light pack and has the following:

-White LED lights in the all 4 door handles (external)
-LED strips as you open the door on the shut strips (in lieu of S-Line badging)
-Lights on the door edges
-Courtesy Lights in all four footwells which change to the ambient lights when the courtesy lights go off.
-Lights in all the door bins
-LED Lightstrip in the swage line above the door handles
-LED Lightstrip in the swage line below the gearstick
-Red LED lights in the overhead console front and rear
-LED lights for all courtesy and map reading lights.

The LED lightstips and footwell lights are on all the time (with headlights on) with adjustable brightness although there doesn't seem to be a massive amount of difference between brightest and dullest settings! Other than that this is the only manual configuration possible.

It looked really cool however If I hadn't got it as a free option don't know whether I would have gone for it or the normal light upgrade. Lights in the door handles are a useful option and found them handy on my BMW.

One thing I'm not sure about is how this is a safety option as Audi seem to claim?

I am impressed though! Will try to get a photo at night with everything lit up!!!!

Black RATT
15-09-2012, 01:06 AM
After two weeks of ownership and a trip to the Lakes now starting to feel a bit more "intimate" with the car. Loving every mile!
The basic lighting pack consists of
LED lights in the bottom of all doors
Red lights (active reflectors) in the rear facing edge of all doors
LEDs inside the external door handles and underneath to provide a pool of light all round the car
A row of LEDs in the top of all four door cards - brightness controlled from the MMI
I think the following is standard on all A6 models
Red ambient down lighting of the central console
Red lighting on all internal door handles
All four footwells illuminated (LED on mine) - brightness controlled from MMI
I do not have LED courtesy/vanity/map lights they all appear to be standard bulbs which is no hardship. I have them on the TT which presents a bit of a problem if you are trying to do any prolonged reading.
I hope this helps!

robbyg
15-10-2012, 08:36 PM
hijacking an old thread here...
I like the lighting pack, and like the brightness of the interior LEDs and puddle lights etc.

Only disappointment is that the lights in the boot space,(although 3 of them which is good) appear to be normal bulbs in stead of LEDs.
Can you check yours and let me know if they are the same? The boot is not that well lit compared to the interior.
Any ideas on upgrades available to retro fit?
cheers.

16-10-2012, 09:22 AM
hijacking an old thread here...
I like the lighting pack, and like the brightness of the interior LEDs and puddle lights etc.

Only disappointment is that the lights in the boot space,(although 3 of them which is good) appear to be normal bulbs in stead of LEDs.
Can you check yours and let me know if they are the same? The boot is not that well lit compared to the interior.
Any ideas on upgrades available to retro fit?
cheers.

I've noticed the same. I'll look into it and report back.

16-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Found a guy who will do a whole car kit. He says his LEDs are brighter than the OEM interior ones too.

I quote...

For your car I will supply the following for the interior kit.

Front map lights x2
Front dome light x 1
Rear map lights x 2
Sunvisors x 2
Glove box x 1
Boot ( let me know )
Front and rear footwell x 4
Puddle lamps x 4
Red door warning lights x 4

All led, are your puddle lights the led unit, just so I know what bulb fitment I will need to send out if you do order the kit.

The bulbs are plug and play and won't take you anymore that. 30 mins to change.

It is also a canbus kit and is error free.

I will do you this kit for £75 posted to the UK or NI.

Guest 2
16-10-2012, 12:05 PM
If its the guy im thinking of i 100% recommend him .. his units are top quality and fitted the interior kit to my a3 yesterday and they transform the cabin

im getting the kit for my c6 this week also

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/A3/IMG_3053_zpsb4311057.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/A3/IMG_3056_zpsec134d04.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/A3/IMG_3059_zps28b9d8dd.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/A3/IMG_3060_zpsed3033d7.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/A3/IMG_3061_zps5f0713b6.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/A3/IMG_3062_zps20829efb.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/A3/IMG_3063_zps779cc139.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/A3/IMG_3064_zps474c560e.jpg

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/A3/IMG_3065_zps90bd480c.jpg

16-10-2012, 12:11 PM
I've agreed to get a kit from him and will get pictures up in my Avant asap.

DR_A6
16-10-2012, 09:25 PM
cool, an update woudl be great when you are done.

quick question, are you upgrading from basic lights, or the lighting pack?

17-10-2012, 08:23 AM
cool, an update woudl be great when you are done.

quick question, are you upgrading from basic lights, or the lighting pack?

Standard lighting pack for me. I'll try to get some befores and afters.

ali00
25-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Hi guys, does anyone know the bulb sizes for the puddle lights? The ones under the doors that light up the floor as you open the door. And also can anyone recommend where I can buy a good set of LED replacements. The standard yellow ones are rubbish.

Also could someone point me in the direction of a good tutorial in changing them myself and any tools I may have to buy?

Thanks in advance!