PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go for Alcantara Seats

thehorse
12-06-2012, 05:05 PM
After driving the S-line, I think the ride is actually pretty good and will most probably go for that. I did find the Valcona Leather seats a bit hot and sticky and am temped by the no cost Alcantara option.

I have two small kids so that is a bit of a concern, but I think it will be more comfortable than leather - I've not managed to see them in flesh yet, did anyone go for these or try them out?

Opinions gratefully received.

Cheers.

krupatel
12-06-2012, 05:47 PM
The demo car I tried also had these and I've got to say I was tempted, but in the end thinking about what the rug rats might end up doing to it made up my decision to go with the Valcona. Will find out tomorrow if that was a good decision when I pick it up :biglaugh:

thehorse
12-06-2012, 06:14 PM
The demo car I tried also had these and I've got to say I was tempted, but in the end thinking about what the rug rats might end up doing to it made up my decision to go with the Valcona. Will find out tomorrow if that was a good decision when I pick it up :biglaugh:

Although I've not seen them, I think it is only the seat facing that are alcantara, so these should be covered and protected to some degree by the child seats, although I guess it doesn't stop orange juice, sick and other assorted bodily fluids leaking down there.

12-06-2012, 06:18 PM
If I didn't have a child, I'd have probably gone for the alcantara too.

Saying that... if I didn't have a child, I'd not have bought an A6!

a8toa6convert
12-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Alcantara is very hard wearing and easy to clean. We've had alcantara/leather mix seats in a heavily abused S-Max for 3 years and the alcantara is looking better than the leather.....

pitch3110
20-06-2012, 07:15 AM
Have this option on my A4 and over 3 years with a son from 6-9 I can confirm that the seats are still like new and trust me they have had some grief.

When I clean the interior I just spray then with Chemical Guys fabric conditioner to shift the real bad stuff.

If you fancy them go for it.

Ta
Pitch

nealeb
20-06-2012, 08:09 AM
I find mine very comfortable, although I am pleased to say that my children are passed the food-throwing days!

I chose mine partly on comfort (less slippery than leather, and I like the feel) and as a gesture towards the vegetarian members of my family who are not keen to sit on leather. Although as a product of the petrochemical industry, don't invite Greenpeace members into your car...

a8toa6convert
20-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Reduced slippage in corners, and reduced burning of backs of legs on hot sunny days, are definitely big plus points for alcantara.