PDA

View Full Version : A4 rough idle cure.

razor37
10-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Hi all,
i feel obliged to post this to let everybody know about my rough idle cure. I posted here around 6 months ago withy rough idle problem with my Audi a4 3.0 tdi Quattro 2005 manual box. So this problem is when I stop at junctions or stop in general. The car would rough idle for around 10 seconds. Very annoying. So today I decided to try a fuel additive to my car. Something I'm very sceptical about. Halfords millers Deisel power sport 4
After adding the fluid and a 25 mile journey the car no longer rough idles. Amazing . Just wanted to let everybody know. All for :D:D12.99.

a8 tech
10-06-2012, 10:51 PM
report back in 500 miles then lets fix it properly

razor37
11-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Hi A8. Thanks for the reply. Im assuming you think this is only a temp fix. I read these forms regularly and am aware you know your stuff extremely well around these cars. I'm just amazed that it has done this already. I posted on here before but never got a reply to my rough idle problem. I will post back after a 500 miles which will be soon as I have a 400 mile journey this weekend. If this problem returns I would sure appreciate your help in resolving the issue. Thanks again for your reply.

Puresilk
22-06-2012, 02:01 AM
I had similar problem after using supermarket diesel for past 3 years, so last 4 tankfulls its been shell v power diesel or shell diesel and the car has felt much smoother and no more rough idle.

gupsterg
19-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Hi all,
i feel obliged to post this to let everybody know about my rough idle cure. I posted here around 6 months ago withy rough idle problem with my Audi a4 3.0 tdi Quattro 2005 manual box. So this problem is when I stop at junctions or stop in general. The car would rough idle for around 10 seconds. Very annoying. So today I decided to try a fuel additive to my car. Something I'm very sceptical about. Halfords millers Deisel power sport 4
After adding the fluid and a 25 mile journey the car no longer rough idles. Amazing . Just wanted to let everybody know. All for :D:D12.99.

Hi,

Did this fix your issue permanently? why I ask I have an idle issue and can't find a fix for it... mine a 2005 3.0TDi A6 (same engine,etc)...

Regards
G

razor37
19-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Hi,

Did this fix your issue permanently? why I ask I have an idle issue and can't find a fix for it... mine a 2005 3.0TDi A6 (same engine,etc)...

Regards
G

Hi ,

Strange one this. It seems a common problem but nobody has an outright fix for it. I got Miller's deisel cleaner from halfords and used that for a few weeks and it fixed the problem. However it came back but not as bad. My car runs great with no power or fuel economy issues. It seems every time I use deisel cleaner it helps. I'm going to change the fuel filter and see if that helps. Love the car but its frustrating that from what I read that people have changed all sorts and it still doesn't cure the problem. I'm just putting up with it for now and will try fuel filter and maybe clean maf sensor etc to see what happens. Don't want to spend hundreds of pounds only to find it doesnt fix it. I did read on these forums somewhere that a reflash cures this. Cheers for getting in touch.

johnnyone
20-02-2013, 10:08 AM
i had similar symptons on my A6 56plate 2.0tdi 140 BRE. Engine software update and a EGR restriction gasket, all done by Audi, cured it instantly. Went in with quite a unpleasant missing and lumpy tickover, came out a different animal altogether..

gupsterg
21-02-2013, 12:33 AM
It seems a common problem but nobody has an outright fix for it.

Yep seen a few threads some solved others not...

... My car runs great with no power or fuel economy issues. It seems every time I use deisel cleaner it helps. I'm going to change the fuel filter and see if that helps. Love the car but its frustrating that from what I read that people have changed all sorts and it still doesn't cure the problem.

I won't list all I've done/£££ spent... again power/fuel economy/oil & coolant,etc all good IMO...

I'm just putting up with it for now and will try fuel filter and maybe clean maf sensor etc to see what happens. Don't want to spend hundreds of pounds only to find it doesnt fix it. I did read on these forums somewhere that a reflash cures this.

I've had two ECU flashes... may try a ins.cluster flash... EGR been tested quite extensively now, will soon be taking apart to view...

Cheers for getting in touch.

No worries sorry can't help much... here's my biblical thread Link:- BMK 3.0 TDi hunting erratic idle revs ( Have I got the most lemon A6!!! ) (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?138282-BMK-3-0-TDi-hunting-erratic-idle-revs-%28-Have-I-got-the-most-lemon-A6!!!-%29)

sparkymarky
02-03-2013, 11:19 PM
HI, look into adjusting the inlet cam torsion value......can be set wrong especially after a cambelt change unless VCDS/vagcom has been used to set the value- locking pins can allow for a minute amount of movement on the inlet cam-adjust using a spanner. guide on the net somewhere.....