PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Turbo controller (J724) wanted

wjam
10-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Hi All,

On my 3.0TDi, I found mt turbo controller has an intermittent connection between plug and circuit board and plug socket. If you flex the socket the power is lost. Also when car is hot it is random... and annoying. I was hoping the plug, but no, definitely the controller.

I opened it and made a repair but I'm not convinced it will last. Basically solder all 6 internal connection from circuit board to plug. Not easy cos you need to scrape off the silicone gunk covering the connections. Luckily I have a duff inlet flap motor that became the guinea pig / trial piece. Anyway it's working fine, but with all the heat and shaking I'd like a new one.

So I'm looking to find if anyone knows where to buy one of these controllers. I know Audi have a procedure to replace the controller so it must be available, but I'd rather avoid Audi if possible.

Also what difference are there in the controllers? There are a ton of part numbers but in my guesstimation it may just be smoke and mirrors on the part of Audi.

Mine is 059 145 702S I see a few 725Es on the web (from A8s I think)
Any help greatly appreciated

cheers

WJAM

wjam
11-06-2012, 08:03 AM
In fact that number is the turbo P/N

The correct P/N for the controller is: 059 145 725 A

thanks in advance

WJAM