PDA

View Full Version : Central door locking problem! Boot wont open! Please help!!!

MiniMadTez
05-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi,

I have just bought a 1996 Audi A4 Avant and am having problems.....

The boot will not open properly with the central door locking....

The only way to get it open is to have one person at the driver door locking and unlocking, and have someone at the boot trying to open it each time the car is unlocked repeatedly until it opens.

This is not handy.....as the car was bought for my dog walking business! but I cannot put dogs in the boot for fear of not getting them out again!!! :mad:

I have been told it is a lack of pressure in the central door locking, and that there isnt always enough 'pressure' to open the boot lock......any help greatly appreciated before I rip the liner of the boot off not really knowing what im looking for.

Col
05-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Don't exactly know your car as I've never had one!

But I think your central locking is vacuum pump operated. Assuming the doors are ok it could be one of two things;

1, the vacuum pipe to the boot lock is split or coming off one of its connectors.

2, the lock itself is moofed / siezed. Try WD40 and / or a new lock.

MiniMadTez
05-08-2007, 10:19 PM
The first suggestion is what I had in mind but didnt really fancy taking my car apart incase there was an easier way......but sounds like ill just have to try it :(