PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Altea Dash Board Rattle

Jmckee1
05-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi Guys,
Just bought a 2004 RHD Seat Altea,Nice car low miles but a very annoying rattle from the left hand side of the dasboard,comes and goes,usually there in the morning,I dont think its the glove box as it still rattles when its open,seem to stop if I get the passanger to rest their hand on the dash!
If anyone has an answer please advise
rgs
Jm

TDI_luver
16-08-2007, 04:03 PM
They all do that....known problem with a cable that vibrates off a plastic heater duct....when heating duct get warm igets sorter and doesnt rattle as much. Get it sorted under warranty if possible

Jmckee1
16-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Thanks appreciate that,but cant get it done under warranty as the car is three years old and dont think seat would want to know!

dutchy
01-09-2007, 05:31 PM
We own an Ibiza, and the problem was a clip in the engine bay which was a sloppy fit and made this rattle. Hope this helps

Jmckee1
01-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Hi I was now told that its a heater cable rattling around under the left hand side of the dash and it takes three hours to fix,not done under waranty any more on my car because it three years old(ive had it for three months though)
thanks

jbbigdog
18-10-2007, 10:20 AM
I have bought a 54 plate Altea in the last couple of weeks, and have noticed that i get this rattle on the left as well.

I do have a years warranty from the dealership i bought it from and am asking if this can be fixed.

Just wondered if you had had yours sorted, and if so where and how much did it set you back? (In case my warranty doesn't cover this)